Make The Most Of The Last Month Of This Semester At ASU
Campuses

How to make the last month of this college semester one worth remembering.

40
Photo by Saiarchana

This past year of college has flown by so quickly for me. I am realizing that there is still so much I want still want to do before this semester ends. Yet, I only have a month left of this semester. Even though I am just a freshman, I am still seeking to make the last month of this semester one worth remembering. I hope to end this semester with a bang.

Here is what I am planning to do to make the last month of this semester one worthy of being looked back on.

1. Have late night study sessions with friends.

I feel like if one hasn't had deep conversations with friends late at night, minutes before their assignment was due, they haven't truly lived the college experience. One of the most enjoyable things to me is to be able to get what I need to get done - homework and studying — while also being in the company of ones I love. With finals approaching, I believe that having late night group study sessions with friends will make the burden of finals less painful and more enjoyable.

2. Go out to get food at 3 a.m. in the morning.

One of the most exhilarating experiences of college is being able to go out late at night to get food, especially from Taco Bell: the go-to place of ASU students especially at 3 a.m. in the morning. Because, why not? Disclaimer: make sure you don't go out by yourself and you're with a group of people for safety reasons.

3. Hike 'A' Mountain at Night.

The A Mountain is a famous landmark of Arizona State University. I've always wanted to hike it at night in order to see the lights of the city below me. I've heard that it is a beautiful experience, so now I want to experience it for myself.

4. Make new friends.

In college, every day is a beautiful opportunity to make new friends. There are so many bright students with rich and diverse backgrounds, all in one place. College is a melting pot of people with different ideas and stories to share. It's incredibly exciting for me to be able to learn something new from the people around me and make connections with others. Especially with it being the last month of the semester, I am making it an initiative for myself to reach out to people to make new friends. For example, there are certain students in my classes that I haven't truly befriended yet, yet want to. The last month of this semester is a great time to do that. If not now, then when?

5. Do homework in nature.

The start of Spring in Tempe is such a beautiful time. It isn't steaming hot yet, the flowers are blooming, there is a gentle breeze, and it smells beautiful outside. Arizona State University has beautiful places on campus to study in that involve nature, including the Secret Garden. I want to sit in the grass, take in the beauty around me, and get my homework done at the same time while I am enjoying the scenery around me.

6. Work on self-growth.

I feel like I am constantly growing and evolving as a human being. As the last month of this semester is unfolding in front of me, I want to work towards a better version of myself. I want to be someone who owns their inner power and celebrates their authenticity more. With this last month left, why not give the world a version of myself that I am investing in?

7. Develop a better routine.

Every day, I tell myself that I am going to have a better routine. Yet every day, I end up not listening to that voice in my head that is telling me to get my life together. I tend to always do my homework and studying last minute, not eat breakfast in the morning, and forget to schedule self-care into my day. I want to at least make my last month of this semester one where my life is more held together and my routine is more effective.

8. Finish off classes strong.

With there being a month left, I understand why it may be hard to find the motivation to finish off one's academics strong when one has been working so hard for the past three months. It's so important to find that "why." Why does a person want to finish off their classes strong? To me, my answer to the question is found in the first sentence of this explanation. I have been working so hard for the past three months. I can't let those three months go to waste just because I am tired. I want to honor all the hard work I've done thus far.

Even though it can be hard, I know I can make the experience more enjoyable. For example, I can be more interested in my classes. I can also find ways to enjoy doing work outside of my classes by having late night study sessions with friends and spending time in nature while doing the work. I can find a way to enjoy this part of college that I may not want to do, but need to do.

This is how I am planning to make the most of April. I am excited to see how the ending of my semester will unfold. It is definitely going to be one worth remembering.