So today is Halloween, and you've yet to find a costume....you're in luck!
This costume is great and can work for kids or adults. It is still costume-ish, but has a cute twist.
What You'll Need:
(You probably already own most of these; I did.)
You can use a floppy hat like this one I found online:
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F27%2F636131979224317009161752214_636131979222910580-310472074_scarecrow%2520hat%2520pic.jpg&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=839&h=f1343d166aa50ad1917e8cd86df39ce12b5adef77aeb68405eb0a70aa508e80f&size=980x&c=4007273374 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F27%252F636131979224317009161752214_636131979222910580-310472074_scarecrow%252520hat%252520pic.jpg%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D839%26h%3Df1343d166aa50ad1917e8cd86df39ce12b5adef77aeb68405eb0a70aa508e80f%26size%3D980x%26c%3D4007273374%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]
or you can use one like mine: (Walmart for about $7)
- Any Plaid Shirt
I already had one, but I know Walmart has them really cheap.
- Jeans with holes
I already had these as well, but if you don't own a pair of jeans with holes, you can cut holes into an old pair or buy a cheap pair from Walmart and cut holes in them. Also, if you have a good pair of jeans with holes, you won't be ruining them or altering them in any way, so they're fine to use.
- Tan or Brown Shoes or Boots
Although, you could get away with pretty much any shoes.
It doesn't really matter what color.
I couldn't find a package, so I bought this straw wreath at Walmart for around $4 and tore pieces from it.
- Safety Pins
- Black Eyeliner
- Pink Blush or Face Paint
- Flowers (Optional; $0.97 at Walmart)
- Bandana (Optional; $1.00 at Walmart)
Super Simple Steps: (I made my costume in approximately 2 hours or less.)
Making the Costume
Do this before putting on the articles of clothing.
1. Cut straw into short pieces and tape onto the inside of hat. (Optional, but adds to the costume.)
2. Tape medium-long length pieces of straw to a small square of felt. (small enough to fit behind the hole in your jeans)
3. Attach these to your jeans using safety pins and tape, as needed.
4. Cut more short pieces of straw and tape to the bottom of your pants.
5. Cut more short pieces of straw and set to the side.
It will be best to do this before putting on the costume, as well.
1. Do your face makeup and eyeshadow as you normally would.
2. Put on eyeliner a little thicker than usual.
3. Draw these lines under your eyes:
4. Next add A LOT of pink blush or pink face paint to your cheeks and the tip of your nose.
5. Now draw on the scarecrow nose.
6. Next, draw the lines from the lips, across the cheek bones, to the hairline.
7. Lastly, add lipstick if you want.
You can curl your hair like this picture, you can do pigtails like I did, or you can create your own style.
1. Put on all articles of clothing.
2. Get the extra pieces of straw that you set aside earlier. You will use these to tape to the inside of the gaps between buttons and bottom of your sleeves on your plaid shirt. (I would do this after you already have the shirt on. Also, I recommend wearing a tank top or under shirt, so that the straw does not scratch your skin.)
3. If you want to add a bandana, stick it in your back pocket or add your own style to the costume.
4. If you want to add flowers, stick them in another hole in your jeans or carry them.
P.S. this costume won me a costume contest.