Ladies, Stop Being So Catty

Ladies, Stop Being So Catty

Let's come together and start empowering each other.

123
Ladies, Stop Being So Catty
Odyssey

As long as I can remember, ever since high school to even middle school, girls are just plain catty. I have never made friends with females very easily for this reason. I always thought it would change as I got older, but let’s be honest here. Girls can be just flat out bitches.

I can’t even begin to count the times that I have been out at a restaurant or a bar and had girls just stare at me up and down or roll their eyes at me. Why? For what reason? Jealousy? Competition? Afraid your man is going to look at me? I don’t know what the reason is but it is so uncalled for. I didn’t do anything to you.

There will always be other girls that are pretty and stylish and classy. I hate to bust your bubble, but you aren’t the only one. Sorry.

They talk about you behind your back and tell all your secrets, yet be your friend to your face.

Girls are always so dramatic. It seems as if they want you to feel less about yourself because they have their own insecurities so they try to demolish your confidence. They can’t stand to see someone be better than them.

Now, of course I do have female friends. All women are not like this, but I bet all of us know some that are. And for those catty bitches, I got news for you ladies: we are all in this together.

Stop being envious of other women. Instead, start being the best version of yourself that you can be. You are who you are for a reason. Start embracing it. We are not supposed to compete with each other. We are supposed to empower one another. Stop being so hateful.

There is nothing to be insecure about. You are beautiful and no one can wear your beauty as well as you can. Only you can bring out the best version of yourself.

Instead, lift each other up. Start complimenting each other. Give each other praise. Be proud of your friend’s successes. If you don’t stop dwelling on jealous you are of their successes, you are not going to be confident enough to focus on your own success.

I don’t think you realize how much alike we all are as females. Everyone has insecurities. No one is perfect. Everyone has problems and you truly have no idea what they are going through, so why try to knock them down even more?

It could be such a wonderful thing if we could all stop criticizing each other. Come on ladies, we need each other. We need someone to depend on and who is going to be there for us.

Start focusing on your own confidence. Instead of being jealous of another woman, admire her. Allow her to be a role model instead of your competition.

There is no need to be judgmental. Learn to be comfortable in your own skin and learn to let other women do the same. I don’t want to hear, “OMG that shirt is so ugly. I can’t believe anyone would wear that.” or “That handbag is so last season. She can’t afford new things.” All of this nonsense needs to stop.

It’s time to make a change and it all starts with you. Start empowering other women and lifting them up. Eventually it will come back around. Let’s come together, ladies. Teamwork.

Be too busy working on your own grass to know if someone else's is greener than yours.