Ladies, Fix Your Man A Drink

Ladies, Fix Your Man A Drink

Show him you appreciate him.

31
Ladies, Fix Your Man A Drink

So I know all the soft feminists are already going to put their defense shield up at the words of the title, but allow me to say that this isn't a "man trumps woman" article.

I grew up in a very traditional, old fashioned home. My father made the money, and my mom was a stay at home mom. That didn't make her job any easier, though. After all, she had to raise my brother (haha). To this day, she still takes care of my dad. When she cooks supper, she'll get him anything he needs like a knife, or salt and pepper, you name it. If he's been outside working in the hot sun doing God knows what, she'll fix him a glass of tea. That doesn't belittle her in any way. One day I asked her why she does that and these are her actual words:

"Because I love him and he is most of the time tired so I feel that is one of the ways I show him that I care about him and that I love him. Telling someone you love them are just words. Showing them means more to me." -- Linda Borden, married almost 45 years

It seems like marriages back then are lasting longer than marriages these days. Blame it on technology, or blame it on the rejection of old traditional values. I blame it on the mindset of "There's nothing wrong with you. You can get it yourself." We have got to get out of that mindset and start truly appreciating our partner. The grass is greenest where you water it.

Ladies, fix your man a drink. Not because his legs don't work, because seriously, there's nothing wrong with his legs. But do it because you want to show him that you appreciate him. There's nothing wrong with doing things for your man as long as he doesn't demand that you do them. Do it because you want to, not because you have to.

If your man respects you and puts you above himself, then he is definitely worthy of being able to relax for a minute while you go fix him a glass of sweet tea. If he puts up with your nagging, complaining, and PMS, then he deserves a glass of sweet tea.

To anyone that may feel this undermines a woman and her progress in this country blah blah blah: No. It doesn't. I am a strong, independent woman that is capable of getting what I want in life at my own hand. If I work for it, then I'll earn it. We are not entitled just because we're women. So if I want to fix my man something to drink because he does a lot for me, then dang it I will fix him something to drink. That's me using my power as a woman to do as I please. Traditional values or not.