Ladies, Embrace Being Single

Ladies, Embrace Being Single

Walking away from someone you love hurts more when you know it's for the best!

8
Ladies, Embrace Being Single
Photo by Crina Doltu from Pexels

One of the hardest parts about being single is learning how to love yourself and find comfort in other places...

It hurt to cut out having guys telling me I'm pretty, perfect, and in some cases the love of there life. It is hard not to swipe left and right on guys when I was bored or feeling bad about myself. It was hard for me to sit down and delete all of my dating apps. It is hard not to see that one guy's name pop up on my phone when I am wishing he would fight for me!

It is hard not to call "him" when he was the one person I'd always call when I was walking to my car alone at night in a dark parking lot. I really miss him and part of me hates the fact he'll move on quicker than I will.

But I have decided to make a choice that most girls my age are not ready to make. I have decided to turn away from relationships that are not going to produce marriage and the Christian based relationship that I want. I have decided to put all my trust in the idea that God will bring me the man I am supposed to spend the rest of my life walking with.

I have decided to give up control of my desires to be loved and wait and grow in my faith until the one man whom I am supposed to love forever walks into my life.

I am embracing being single.

I am allowing myself to embrace and grow through my faith and my friendships that I value more than anything.

I am embracing learning about what I want in my "ideal" relationship.

I am destroying my checklist and saying goodbye to all the expectations I have ever had about the guy I thought I'd end up with.

I know Valentine's day is coming up and I will gladly spend that day hanging out with my parents watching movies and playing games because in the long run the quality time with them is more important than fawning over a guy.