Hey, Ladies, If You Want A High Caliber Man, You Have To Be A High Caliber Woman

In today's age, advice is everywhere.

Photo by Monica Smith on Unsplash

In the age of technology and social media, we are flooded with relationship advice. Tips on dating, hook-ups, sex, romance, intimacy...there's no shortage of tricks to hack your love life. Yet, we're seeing a record number of singles.

They've read every relationship blog, interacted with matchmakers and love-gurus and even signed up for online dating - with dismal results. Their relationships are short flings, tumultuous or non-existent.

Is there something we're missing?

As a matter of fact, we are. Because no matter how many times we've tried, we're just not able to find the person of our dreams.

And, how could we?

In spite of all the pointers we're being given, we haven't been told about the most important factor needed to find a partner:

If you want a Prince Charming, you need to be a Princess, Darling.

Allow me to explain. All of us believe that we deserve a good person who is right for us in every way. But, seldom do we focus on being that 'good person.' Yet, that's exactly what you need to find that dream guy.

This is a call for self-reflection and introspection. We're very quick to judge others and chastise them for their flaws but don't take responsibility for our own. We love playing blame games, believing that we need to be accepted as we are and wanting things instantly.

However, the only thing we succeed in doing is sabotaging ourselves and making others wonder why they're with us in the first place.

That's because the best relationships are ones built on the foundation of two-way compromise and adjustment for the sake of love.

Ask anyone who has been happily married for 50 years. This is exactly what they'll tell you because their relationship wouldn't be the way it is today without mutual sacrifice.

We're going about our relationships in the wrong way.

A good partner doesn't accept you as you are, they accept you for who you are. There's a world of difference between the two.

Accepting someone for who they are means recognizing their unique qualities and encouraging them to fulfill their potential for good without trying to turn them into someone else. Accepting someone as they are is to settle for the worst side of themselves and allow them to stagnate without helping them to overcome their flaws or fight their demons.

If you're accepted at your worst, you'll never improve enough to make it to your best. You shouldn't be judged for your mistakes, but you shouldn't be allowed to make excuses and behave badly towards other people, either.

It's a brutal truth that like attracts like. If you want that loyal, charming and handsome man, then you'll have to be a virtuous, principled woman.

Your standards dictate who you allow into your life. A good partner will help you to be the best version of yourself and conversely, you should be a good partner by being the best version of yourself and allowing them to be as well.

The hero ends up with the heroine, the prince with the princess and the king with the queen. Just like that, you, too, should be the wonder woman of your life. It'll help you achieve your dreams, improve your confidence and meet better people.

Become the high-caliber, accomplished and compassionate woman you were meant to be. Then, watch how many great men line up begging to go on a date with you.