Know Your Worth

Know Your Worth

It's time to get what you deserve.

49
Know Your Worth
Photo by Caleb Frith on Unsplash

You deserve the kind of love that wakes you up in the morning. You deserve the kind of person who puts in effort daily, not when it's convenient for them. You deserve the kind of happiness that's so pure you don't have to question anything else. You deserve the kind of peace where you're not waiting for the other shoe to drop. You deserve the kind of relationship where it's give and take, filled with understanding and communication.

You ask for the bare minimum as if you're doing some kind of service to yourself. You allow the bare minimum because you don't want to be too much. You accept the bare minimum because it feels better then nothing at all. You take it because you don't want to be difficult. You don't want to be too high maintenance. Too demanding. Too anything. You don't want to be left again for needing more. But the truth is you weren't left. You were gifted the absence of their presence.Someone who can't see your worth, isn't worth your time. Someone who only gives you the bare minimum will do just that through out. They will never give you what you truly need. And you deserve that. You deserve to get what you truly need.

You deserve someone who understands your love language. You deserve someone who wants to love you for you. You deserve someone who speak to your soul. You don't need that wasted energy anymore. You don't need those half ass, grey areas. You deserve more then just a little bit. Love isn't supposed to be this way. It isn't supposed to feel like a constant uphill battle. It isn't supposed to be filled with games and subliminal messages. It isn't supposed to be dissected and discussed like a research paper.

Love shouldn't be this confusing. It should be authentic. It should flow out of your pours. It shouldn't be something you need to ask for. You need to see that you're entitled to it. You're entitled to happiness. You're entitled to good night sleeps, not the restless ones you have filled with anxiety. You're entitled to effort. And you need to know when it's time to walk away. Time to leave the person that simply can't give you what you need. It's time to stand your ground, and know your worth. It's time to value yourself before you value what you're offered. Just because it's offered doesn't mean it's right for you. It's time to acknowledge that some people aren't meant to be everything you thought they would be. Or maybe what you wanted them to be. It's time to speak up for yourself. To speak your truth. To say how you feel. It's time to put yourself first. Starting today. Starting this very moment. Take control of what you deserve. Because we all know, he isn't it.