Ladies, It's Time To Know Our Self-Worth

How I Found My Self-Worth

Seeking validation from others only makes things worse for yourself.

48
How I Found My Self-Worth

Finding your self-worth and knowing what you deserve in life is one of the most important things you can achieve. When rapper, Drake said the famous rap lyrics, "Know yourself, know your worth," I thought to myself about the things that make up my self-worth. I know that I have goals in life and nothing can stop me from trying to achieve them.

During my 21 years of life, I learned that seeking approval from others will make you lose track of finding your self-worth. It's natural to worry about what people think while being in your younger years. After a while, I grew out of that and started thinking about myself and what I deserve in life. I realized that nothing you do for others will be enough to make you feel appreciated in the way you desire. Knowing your worth has to come from within. Your worth is determined by the treatment you accept or expect for yourself, not by how much of yourself you give away.

If you are constantly seeking approval for others, you will be miserable. For example, if you feel that you desperately need to be in a relationship even though the person you are with isn't giving you what you deserve, you are doing the opposite of finding your self-worth. It's okay to be single. If you are not receiving what you put out, then that relationship isn't for you. If you also find yourself at the bottom of the friendship totem pole, those friends aren't for you. Stop always trying to cater to people who wouldn't do the same. If you are always having to kiss someone's ass for approval, honey, you already know my answer.

Once you find your self-worth, it is impossible to settle for less and I would be damned if someone tried to give me less than what I deserve. Don't settle for something because it is there or it is something to fill a void in your heart temporarily. Just because people around you have something that you think you may want, doesn't mean that you should feel pressured to have it. Once you stop looking for something, you will find it.