5 Things To Know Before Dating An Over-Thinker

How to love the worriers and over-analyzers.

411

Life can be pretty tough sometimes for over-thinkers. Often our brains are like a computer with 20 tabs open. We are three steps ahead of whatever situation we are facing and worrying about things that probably won’t happen. We over-pack, over-analyze, and over-speculate. It effects every part of our lives, whether it be insignificant shopping decisions, school stress, or our relationships. So if you have found yourself interested in someone who thinks and worries a little too much, here is what you need to consider:

1. We appreciate honesty.

Not just appreciate it, we need it. With over-thinkers, you can’t just assume we understand what you mean. You have to be completely straightforward in order to avoid any slight misunderstanding that could evolve into an all-out breakdown.

2. We will worry about something that doesn’t matter at all.

To you it’s no big deal, but to them it may seem like an approaching catastrophe. You have to accept that the smallest mistakes and decisions will be followed by plenty of analysis and questioning. It makes for a little more stress but also more conscientious choices.

3. We may question your feelings, occasionally.

With so many “what ifs” going through our heads on a daily basis, it’s no surprise that we may worry about what is going to happen between us. We start to think about the longevity of love and the all too persistent power of change. We think you may lose interest or change your mind. We worry you will get sick of all of our constant worries.

4. ...But we still trust you.

If we are with you, we are all in 100 percent. We just need a little reassurance every once in a while. We may ask you how you feel about us or what’s going on, but if you are as into this relationship as we are, we can set aside our worries and doubts and just have faith in us.

5. We are strong.

Although we may be anxious about a hundred different things at a given time, we know how to handle when bad things happen. We accept change and problem-solve. You may see how much we worry and think we are sensitive or over dramatic, but we are not - we just care. Over-thinkers will do whatever they can in their power to keep things steady.