15 Reasons To Embrace Leslie Knope's Lifestyle In 2017

"I stand by my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things." - Leslie Knope

49
Huffington Post

Leslie Knope is an iconic character. She is all about being empowering and motivational to others. Knope listen's to every person that comes into her office and shows initiative. There are so many reasons to love Leslie Knope. There are so many things Knope does that just make you envy her. There are so many reasons to love her. There are plenty of reasons to try embodying her during this new year of 2017.

1. She waited for her perfect match.

Ben Wyatt shows up and we didn't know what to expect at first since Leslie Knope hated him. Slowly, we all started to fall in love with him. Ironically, so did Knope.

2. She doesn't fake like salads.

We all truly hate faking liking a healthy food just because it is healthy. Leslie Knope was honest while trying to eat healthy foods to make a point. They aren't as good as sugar.

3. She gives the best compliments.

If I have a bad day, Knope would be the first person I would want to have complimented me.

4. She gives the best insults.

Be real. Leslie Knope is funniest when she is seeking revenge. She always has a wit for getting back at people and fighting for what she believes in (even if it isn't right).

5. She is driven to do whatever she sets her mind on.

Throughout the whole show, Knope tries her best to inspire others. She is always motivating her coworkers and trying her best to make someone laugh. She sets goals and although some seem unreachable, that doesn't stop her.

6. She celebrates everything.

She makes holidays for everything on top of celebrating all of the traditional ones. Being her friend sounds like a lot of work and a blast at the same time.

7. She proves waffles are a main food group.

If all else fails or you are in an emotional breakdown, eat waffles. This may the biggest change to your diet and she somehow still is in healthy shape.

8. She embraces her embarrassing dance moves.

This image seems to explain itself. Thank you, Leslie Knope.

9. She is always confident.

Somehow, Knope is honest and nice at the same time. Leslie Knope always seems sure in her decisions, although we may not always agree with her.

10. She is always prepared.

No matter the occasion, Leslie Knope seems prepared for everything. In every episode when something comes up, she has an idea or solution to the problem. It may not be the wisest choice, but it's better than nothing.

11. She reacts like everyone else does to change.

When something changes, we aren't always the best when it comes to keeping our composure. She doesn't sugar coat it.

12. She maintains her composure.

The amount of times something happens to Leslie Knope is relatable to every human being. She is real.

13. She reacted like everyone else who meets their idol.

When Leslie Knope meets Joe Biden, we all truly understand her excitement. She loved him even before the Joe Biden memes, but not it makes the moment even more funny and relatable.

14. She supported the right book.

"Twilight" versus "Harry Potter"? We all know the answer.

15. She always made valid arguments when the topic of boys came up.

Don't settle for anyone. It's silly that just because you can't date someone just because they aren't in your league (or it is against government code).

Thank you, Leslie Knope, for constantly inspiring us, but reminding us a new year is a start to be even more ambitious than we already are.