Knight-Thon Leaves A Legacy That Is Always In The Works

Knight-Thon is a 365 day kind of thing.

183
Knight Thon

After 20 hours has passed and the closing ceremony came to a close, I officially can say that I have experienced my second ever Knight-Thon. I would have already stood 20 hours for the kids. I would have already put my all into raising every cent possible for these children that are fighting for their lives. I would have already shed an abundance of tears as the numbers were revealed. And most importantly, UCF would have left there legacy. This legacy being unknown to all for the past year is what made us, the community, push and fight for the ones who need it the most: the kids.

No matter what that total was, I couldn't be prouder to say I was a part of it. I was the reason the number wasn't any lower than what was shown. I am a part of the reason as to why the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is able to make miracles happen.

As human beings, we are the ones who are the hardest on ourselves. We tend to say we "didn't do enough," or "we could have done more." With Knight-Thon, it is imperative you don't think that way as long as you did everything you could. Not one single person is telling you that you didn't do enough or you could have done more because, at the end of the day, that number wouldn't have been what it was without you.

Each and every single person that participated or fundraised for the kids is why the UCF community is able to make an impact so big and leave our legacy over the past 22 years. As Knight-Thon continues to grow into something that isn't even imaginable and sounds impossible, it is important to remember that it is a 365-day thing.

Every day is a day you can fundraise for the kids. Every day is a day that you can share as to why you dance. Every day is a day to spread your knowledge of the cause. Every day is a day to motivate and encourage others to be a part of such an incredible movement. So even though Knight-Thon is now over, it's not.

These children and families that are going through the hardships each and every day don't get to walk out of the hospitals in 20 hours and say it's over because it never is. The fight and need to make miracles happen is never over until every single one of those children and families find a cure to make them live a life they deserve. A life of happiness and one that doesn't consist of constant visits to the hospital or the feeling of not knowing what could happen at any moment in time.

This fear of the unknown is something every human has to deal with but all on different levels. Knight-Thon's job is to take these fears and worries the children and families have and make them as minimal as they can be. The number that was just raised a less than a few hours ago, is what makes these worries vanish, which is a miracle in itself.

The impact we had and continue to have over the years will never fade as long as we as a community continue to fight and fundraise for a cause that needs it the most. UCF Knight-Thon is like no other and I am already counting down the days until next year. Congrats Knight-Thon 2017-2018 on raising $1,584,698.22, you have truly left your legacy.