Kindness Notes

Kindness Notes

There is so much depth to kindness.

32
Kindness Notes

Random thoughts on kindness:

Kindness is when you awkwardly make eye contact with the cashier as she hands you your bags. It’s the moment when the awkwardness fades as her genuine smile radiates feel-good vibes that flow through you and eventually return back to her so she can continue to uplift humanity.

Being nice is so hard, which is why I believe that when introduced to true compassion and sacrifice, it is very noticeable. After all, it’s hard to ignore the happiness that kindhearted individuals offer. It’s strange how a lot of people may perceive you to be their nicest friend and how a handful of other people may believe that you are stuck-up and extremely selfish. It’s quite difficult to show your good traits all the time or simply towards everyone which is what makes kindness so difficult. Of course, it should be intended that kindness shouldn’t discriminate, but sometimes we might miss an individual after a long day or disheartening situation.

Random acts of kindness have the potential to make someone’s day. On Valentine’s Day an innocent boy may give you flowers, you may surprise visit your friend who is having a bad day, or a previous customer might pay for your coffee as they are going through the drive-thru. The possibilities are endless.

Kindness has the ability to comfort you, wrap around you like a blanket, and keep you warm for a really long time. The friends and family that provide this warmth are the reason why your sadness doesn’t last forever.

Kindness is universal. A trip to Europe is daunting, especially for a foreigner; however, your uncertain trip is guided with smiles. When you approach the smiles, they help feed you and lead you towards your destination

When bathed in kindness, you feel spoiled. Kindness makes you question your worth and perhaps even find it. You don’t find worth in materials. Your worth is found when others stay at work just to spend more time with you. One day you might even find kindness in a letter from your friend. Almost everything costs money but kindness does not have to.

Everyone deserves kindness, but at such a young age we were taught to avoid talking to strangers or making eye-contact with the beggars on the street. Kindness is a constant battle between deciding what is safe and what is not. As we age, we seek value in the subtle head nods or smiles from passing strangers.

Recently, i’ve learned that kindness can be taught. Similar to manners, it doesn’t come naturally. There are countless ways to easily make someone’s day ten times better; to know that you are worth thinking about is super uplifting!

Sometimes I wonder whether being kind is overrated. I question why it is so hard to exchange nice words amongst others. I often notice that kindness can be a weakness if others take advantage of your generosity. It can also be interpreted incorrectly; have you ever met a person who is so nice that it becomes creepy?

There is so much depth to kindness. It can re-open doors that were prone to end.

Kindness is everlasting.