Kindergarten Brought Me My Best Friend

Kindergarten Brought Me My Best Friend

You have shaped me into a better person, a better woman, and definitely a better dancer.

253
Kindergarten Brought Me My Best Friend
Allie Bishop

If you would have asked me two years ago, I would have never thought my life would be filled with so many amazing, supportive people.

If you would have asked me two years ago, I would never have thought I would be blessed with the friends that I have. I would never have thought my kindergarten best friend is the person who I now turn to for everything, almost 15 years later.

Oh, the irony.

I am a huge believer in the idea of everything happening for a reason. If something in your life is supposed to happen, without a doubt, it will.

After being kindergarten best friends and then growing up in different schools, I would never have thought we were going to be reconnected as college roommates. If that doesn’t scream it was meant to be, I don’t know what else does.

I cannot even begin to explain how grateful I am that after 15 years, my best friend and I are so unimaginably close. Words cannot express how blessed I am to have someone so kind hearted, loving, and supportive in my life.

All I can say is thank you.

Thank you for always making me laugh. Thank you for always letting me cry.

Thank you for belting Bruno Mars with me while were in the car driving. Thank you for all those bathroom pep talks. Thank you for all of our dance parties.

Thank you for being there for me for some of the hardest times of my life.

Thank you for never being afraid to tell me when I’m wrong. Thank you for never getting annoyed with me. Thank you for all those times you stood up for me to whoever and whenever.

Thank you for being you.

These last few months have not been the easiest, but you never allowed me to forget that there is light underneath the tunnel. You always reassured me that eventually, it will get better. And for that, I thank you.

Thank you for showing me what a true best friend is. You have changed me, and benefitted my life in so many ways, I cannot even begin to count.

You have allowed me to grow into a better person and helped me see who I truly want to be in life. You have shaped me into a better person, a better woman, and definitely a better dancer. My life would be incomplete without you.

And for that, I am unapologetically and forever grateful for you.