how to be happy

The 3 Secret Keys To Living A Happier Life

These little tips that make life a whole lot better.

74

Don't be so hard on yourself. Realize we all make mistakes. Watch the way you speak to yourself, is it positive or negative? Are you watering flowers within yourself or ripping them out from their roots? What you focus on grows, what seeds do you want to plant today for a better you tomorrow?

1. Forgiveness.

Noah Silliman

One of the keys to a happy life is forgiveness. Forgiveness is often misinterpreted; people may think that it means excusing someone's bad behavior. There is so much more to it than that. Forgiveness is taking the given circumstances and setting yourself free. Forgiveness is remaining positive in a world full of negativity.

Lack of forgiveness holds us hostage to the past. Holding grudges is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Truly, the only person you're hurting is yourself. So just remember, forgiveness is for you, not for them.

2. Gratitude.

Brooke Cagle

Another important key to life is gratitude. If you are thankful for what you have then you will likely acquire more. If you are unsatisfied with what you have, you will continue to feel that way because you are not thankful for what's already present.

This is why it's vital to practice an abundance mindset. A great way to practice is to wake up every morning and think of 5 things you are grateful for. Life is what you decide to make of it. Don't take anything for granted because tomorrow is not promised.

3. Self love.

A L L E F . V I N I C I U S Δ

A key to happiness is self-love. Self-love looks like different things to different people. If going to the gym empowers you, do it. If eating clean makes you feel better, do it. When we focus on caring for ourselves and our bodies, it's easy to gain a sense of self-love. Regardless, the objective is to simply be happy no matter what the circumstance is around you.

The best part about self-love is, when you feel good about yourself, you feel good about others. When you think highly of yourself, you don't need others' recognition. You can be confident in the fact that you are the only you in this world. And that's something extraordinary.