When you think of green puppets, the first thing that comes to mind is Kermit the Frog. For those who have lived under a rock for the longest time, Kermit the Frog is the face of "The Muppets". Created by Jim Henson in 1955, Kermit the Frog has taught millions of children and adults some life lessons. Lessons that we often forget about today. Here are some of my favorite life lessons from Kermit the Frog.
1. Women are Complicated, We as Men Just Have to Go Along With It: Every man goes through this at least once or twice in his life. Kermit and Rowlf sing about the woes of living with and without women. What Kermit and Rowlf are saying is eventually the right one will come, just hope for now if you are in heart break.
2. It's okay to not own a theatre or a name, because family will always be: together (Spoliers for "The Muppets") If you fail at saving something, start from the bottom and get back to the top, but do it with family, who always will believe in you.
3. "Be thankful for the bad things in life. For they open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before" Even yours truely needs to remember to do this once and a while.
4. "Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously. And beware of advice from experts, pigs and members of Parliament." Belive in yourself. Don't let a pig or government tell you how to act and feel. Adivce you want comes from your own heart.
5. "Dreams are how we figure out where we want to go. Life is how we get there." That's how life works. This is how the world got Kermit, because Henson had a dream to entertain the children and adults.
6. "Be one of the people who made a difference in the world. Leave the world a little better for having been here." Technically said by Jim Henson, but Henson himself was Kermit the Frog. Henson was taken too soon, but he made a difference by giving us a Frog we can look up to.
7. "Just because you haven't found your talent yet, doesn't mean you don't have one." Enjoy your journey to search for your puropse. If it takes your whole life, it's one talent the world has been waiting for.
11. "Someday we will find Happiness" The Lovers, The Dreamers, and Me, all of us under it's spell. The happiness being the end of the rainbow.