Keep Fighting

Dear Loved One,

Yes, you are loved. Most definitely. You mean more than words can describe to so many people. You've touched so many lives and brought joy to them all. You've given people what you think you cannot give yourself. It's worth it to keep fighting. That dark little voice inside your head is spewing lies, meant to tear you down from the inside. You can't listen. You can't let it win. I know resisting depression can feel like sinking into quick sand, like you're smothering yourself more when you try to fight back. But you can't let that drag you passed the point of no return. Temporary problems can't be fixed with permanent "solutions". Nothing will get better if you take away the opportunity for improvement. It will get better if you keep fighting.

It will be hard climbing back to the top. But you can, and will do it. I believe in you, and so do all the people that love you. Think about all the lives you've affected, all the people you've encountered, all the people that have become attached to you: parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, friends, coworkers, even pets. Keep fighting, because they are all rooting for you. They all love you, they all care, and they all hurt when you hurt. You matter. You make someone smile. You make someone laugh. You make someone feel loved. You make someone's day. You deserve to be here. We want you here. And, I'm glad you're still here. Keeping fighting, even when you feel like you shouldn't.