5 Things I’ve Done To Get Me Through Quarantine

You should try some of these too!

10
Christina Billie

Once this article goes live, it will be officially six weeks since my quarantine journey began. I've barely gotten dressed out of my pajamas, I've only been in the car three times (only drove twice), and I've been sleeping in until noon. My school year just ended, and I feel like I have even more free time on my hands than I did before to be lazy!

Although it seems like I've been extremely lazy during my quarantine, I've actually done some things to be productive. Yes, this includes the second half of my sophomore year of college, but I've done lots more to keep me occupied. Here are 5 things I've done to get me through quarantine thus far that you should try too!

1. Made whipped coffee...and wrote about it

I made whipped coffee in the beginning of my quarantine when it started to become very popular. I ended up absolutely loving it and had it almost every day. I also began adding more stuff to it to make it even better, such as adding chocolate syrup to make it a mocha. I then wrote an Odyssey article about it that you can read about here.

2. Put together a Papasan chair

upload.wikimedia.org

This may seem completely random (and expensive), but I got my birthday present while in quarantine. It's a Papasan chair, which is basically a huge saucer chair that spins. I put it together with the help of my brother just last week. It was a workout too--I lifted a 35-pound box up 13 stairs to my bedroom and assembled it. It was the most exercise I've done in quarantine, but I was so proud of myself. If you have the money, I recommend doing this.

3. Baked...a lot

I baked a good amount of stuff when I wasn't on Zoom doing school work. During one of the first few weeks of quarantine, I made homemade brownies for the first time. From scratch. They were really good, especially for my first time. I also made a grand total of 74 chocolate chip cookies. You read that right: 74 cookies. I helped my mom make pound cake too which was really good. I just made sugar cookies today too--they were so good!

4. Cleaned my room a few times

When you have nothing else better to do, cleaning your room seems like the only fun thing to do. I cleaned my room, reorganized shelves and drawers, threw away so many things that I didn't need and was able to get together two bags of clothes to donate once quarantine is over.

5. Learned TikTok dances

Okay, this might not be the most productive thing to do in the world, but it keeps you entertained while also keeping you moving at the same time. When you have free time on your hands, might as well get active! I've learned a few myself and they're really fun! Even if you aren't on TikTok, they're still really fun to learn!