My Open Letter To The One I Lost Too Soon

I never knew how precious your breathe was until I had lost it forever.

15
Kelsey Anne Dixon

You gave me more smiles, laughs, tears, and memories than anyone ever has. Heavy on my heart would never be the words to describe the feelings I have recently.

River John Sosebee,

There is nothing that could have ever prepared me for losing you.

I can't even tell you how I have made it this far without you, it never seems real. How does someone go on after one thing that kept them gone is taken away forever in the blink of an eye. You gave me advice that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life. You always were so amazed at my writing and told me I'd go far. So I've decided to share my experiences with the world through my writing, the thing you always wanted me to do and that's why this first one is for you.

There are so many questions I have been left with and the main ones are " How and why" How is this possible? How are you gone? Why you? Out of everyone in this world why did it have to be you. We were supposed to continue the laughs for years, we were supposed to make more memories, we were supposed to walk the stage at graduation, you were supposed to proofread my articles, you were supposed to be at my graduation after college and make fun of me saying you would never be my patient. You were supposed to be here.

You taught me so much, mostly strength. I am so incredibly grateful for every moment I got to spend with you. As time has passed I have realized even though you aren't here you somehow are. You were by my side before the accident and you still are to this day.

I wish I could turn back time and relive the laughs and see how your smile could light up the room all over again, but I know that it's impossible.

I hope you're happy, I hope you hugged my dad, I hope you still give me strength, I hope you continue to visit me in all my dreams. But mostly I hope you're as happy to see me again one day as I am to see you.

Thank you for teaching me what a true friendship was and how to love someone.

Sincerely,

Your Forever Best Friend And Girl Who's Been Missing You.