Kawhi Leonard Basketball LA Raptors

All hail the Super Team Destroyer.

Kawhi Leonard, you have brought balance to the NBA. You have brought down the different dynasties, whether it was the Miami Heat in 2014 or the Golden State Warriors in 2019, your contributions have forever shook the NBA. The balance that was upset when Kevin Durant made his cry for help move and signed with the Warriors has been offset by the Raptors win in the finals this year.

Kawhi Leonard, you sent Kevin Durant packing on his way to Nets, allowing doubts and insecurities about his game to develop and have him reconsider his position as a second to Curry in the Bay Area. Now he makes the trek to the bright lights of Manhattan, oh wait to Brooklyn. Sorry Knicks Fans, your pain in unimaginable. Mr. Dynasty Destroyer, you also sent Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn where there will inevitably be a power struggle for the ball control with two ball dominant players in Irving and Durant. You have created turmoil at every step of the way to the championship and you will inevitably bring home the chip with your well thought out plan to greatness.

As for the other team in Los Angeles, oh how hard they tried to get you. The Lakers seemed to be front runners to acquire the services of Leonard, opting to not attempt to sign any other free agents until Leonard made his decision. The decimated their roster the in the attempt to acquire Leonard and then he went and signed with their cross town rival. This was a chess move, to help his own roster and to prevent his future opponent from gaining and advantage over his team. This was a brilliant move and now he is the primary leader of LA. He has the power over Lebron James, even though Lebron might be the better player. He has now forced Lebron to work with players such as Demarcus Cousins who come at a huge liability to team chemistry and just overall team style of play. By creating this inner conflict in his opponents, Kawhi Leonard has made a path to the trophy much more simple than it should be.

For the Toronto Raptors, there should be no hard feelings against Kawhi Leonard. He brought you a championship and brought basketball in Canada its greatest player on a one year rental. Yes, it would have been nice for him to resign with the team but he made a bigger than basketball decision and chose to head for Hollywood. I'm sure the raptors had a roster to contend but with teams growing stronger and stronger in the NBA, he made a personal decision and there should be nothing wrong with that. As for Kawhi Leonard, congrats on your new deal. The board man has earned a fat contract and should be cashing into his championships sometime in the next couple years. After all, he is only entering his prime.