The Best Kate McKinnon SNL Skits as Hillary Clinton

If this is the end of the SNL Hillary Clinton skits, let's look back on some of Kate McKinnon's best

375
YouTube

With the election behind us and Alec Baldwin being the centerpiece for Saturday Night Live's cold opens for the next four years, here's the top Kate McKinnon skits as Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton Cold Open

March 7, 2015

Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) addresses her email scandal and Benghazi but ensures America that if she decides to fulfill her legacy given at birth and run for President of the United States, those scandals will not stop her rise to the top... again, if she decides to run, who knows? This is one of the first Kate McKinnon skits as Hillary and it's an awesome start.

Election Week Cold Open

November 12, 2016

The Hillary Clinton Cold Open was the first skit, now here's the last. Kate McKinnon plays a solemn tribute to Clinton following her election loss and Leonard Cohen with a rendition of "Hallelujah." While this is not the funniest skit, McKinnon maintains character by providing a touch of satire into an otherwise more serious performance. It was the perfect way for SNL to make a statement about the election while also keeping the integrity of the satire in their political cold opens.

Hillary Campaign Ad

March 12, 2016

Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) is struggling to compete with Bernie Sanders in appealing to millennials so she makes an advertisement calling for a "revolution in the streets" and an America for everybody, not just for a handful of "millionaires and billionaires," which she has always said ever since she was "a young boy growing up in Brooklyn." This was a great way for SNL to illustrate the strength of the Sanders campaign and Clinton's struggle to appeal to young people.

I Can't Make You Love Me

February 13, 2016

Diners at a restaurant are discussing their favorite candidates and Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) is not getting much love. The lights dim and comes down Clinton, never noticed by the diners, singing "I Can't Make You Love Me" featuring Bill Clinton (Darrell Hammond) on piano. Later, Jeb Bush feels the same way as Hillary.

Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton Debate Cold Open I

October 1, 2016

Looking back at some these it gets sad to watch because SNL portrays Clinton as far more superior to be president than Trump, but there's still humor left. The first SNL debate between Trump (Alec Baldwin) and Clinton (Kate McKinnon) is packed with references to all issues from the debate, making the best of the three debates as well. The skit opens with Clinton mocking her pneumonia episode and is healthy and ready to go. Early in the skit Trump rants how "GHI-na" is taking away jobs in America and tries to leave the debate early as the winner then blames Obama for his sniffling and breaking his microphone in Kenya leaving Clinton to comment, "I think I'm gonna be president." This all happens in just the first four minutes of a nine minute skit and it gets better, or sadder depending how you look at it.

A Hillary Christmas

December 20, 2015

Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) is counting down the months until she is elected president and is visited by 2008 Hillary Clinton (Amy Poehler) to warn her about her cockiness. 2015 Clinton assures her that there's nothing to worry about because Donald Trump is the Republican front runner leaving 2008 Clinton exclaiming, "Oh my God we're gonna be president!" Well, not so funny now is it, but 2015 Clinton does smash 2008 Clinton's phone before she starts making more emails. It's a hysterical skit that illustrates the evolution of Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton Bar Talk

October 3, 2015

Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) is having a rough campaign and needs a few drinks at the bar where she befriends the bar tender, Val (Hillary Clinton). The real Hillary Clinton is not as great an actress as McKinnon, but she mocks her own faults in this skit such as being late to support gay marriage, going against the Keystone Pipeline, and not being an easy person to relate to. Of course they reference the desire for Trump to win the Republican nomination so she can cruise to the White House ending with a rendition of "Lean On Me."

Hillary Clinton Election Video Cold Open

April 11, 2015

In the best skit of this list, Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) is about to announce her candidacy for President of the United States in a more personable fashion. It's not easy for her to come off as a relaxed, cool person and goes through several takes until "women everywhere" cues Bill Clinton (Darrell Hammond) to enter the scene which makes this skit the best of all Kate McKinnon impersonations as Hillary Clinton.