Dear Transfer Student, Kansas State Will Treat You Like Family
College

Before You Even Set Foot In Manhattan, K-State Treats Their Transfers Like FAMILY

K-State stands by their family motto.

350
Sarah Watson

Two years deep into college I found myself wanting more.

I wanted more friends. I wanted more happiness. I wanted to find myself on a deeper level. It was during that time that I found Kansas State University, and since then, I feel like I have found my home away from home.

Besides the fact that K-State ranks 147th in the thousands of universities across the U.S., it has an atmosphere that I have never experienced before. From the moment that I stepped on campus, surrounded by purple, I knew this was a university that I wanted to attend.

Once I applied, the feelings only grew stronger.

Just two weeks after I sent in an application to K-State, I started receiving handwritten letters in the mail from current students. These letters continued to come for the months leading up to my move to Manhattan. It showed that I MATTERED to this university. Having these personal letters sent to my door was a reassuring step in learning about the school that I was about dedicated my pride to.

Every time I called the university with questions or concerns, I was always greeted by a happy associate, no matter the department I was contacting. Whether it was the admissions office, the financial aid office, or a fellow student that was in charge of the phones, everyone was patient with my questions and was more than happy to send me along to the next person if they were not sure of the answer.

Moving to campus was one of the most exciting times of my life. Even with the piles of snow and freezing temperatures of January, nothing could slow my roll. I was in constant contact with multiple departments of the university following up to the start of school, and there was NOTHING that these people were not willing to do for me.

I had no problem scheduling appointments with advisors, even with the school semester coming in hot. Any questions that I had were answered before orientation, so I was able to show up and get my classes scheduled with no issue at all.

Going through the orientation process introduced me to SO MANY OTHER TRANSFERS. It was such a fun experience to meet so many people just like me that were beginning their new adventure at K-State after attending another university. Most of these guys that I met had similar experiences to me and had nothing but good things to say about K-State.

Even once school began, I received multiple emails (and still receive them) about different events going on around campus SPECIFICALLY for transfer students. While K-State does an AMAZING job of integrating their transfer students to feel like their own, it is a great feeling to know that they are always encouraging people with like situations to connect and make the new class of transfers feel at home, just like I was.

I have nothing but pride for this amazing university and all that it has done for me so far. Walking the buildings of campus every day honestly gives me so much joy, even when I have so many exams and projects I want to pull my hair out.

Transferring to Kansas State University has truly been the best decision of my life. I would have never made it here without the support of all of the amazing people that I have back home and to the lifelong friends that I have made since attending K-State. But I give an extra special THANK YOU to the university that I will one day call my alma mater. Thank you K-State, for being everything and more. 💜