Just Remember, Feelings are Fleeting

Just Remember, Feelings are Fleeting

6405
Just Remember, Feelings are Fleeting

"Now no feeling can be relied on to last in its full intensity, or even last at all. Knowledge can last, habits can last, but feelings come and go." -C.S. Lewis

Everyday, everywhere, people experience emotions: joy, excitement, sorrow, disappointment, fear, love. It doesn't matter your age, color, race, or sex: feelings are inherent to all mankind.

This shared array of emotions provide a common denominator among humanity. They allow us to relate and empathize with one another on a deeper level. While everyone has their own unique experiences, it is likely that we have all had our moments of bliss, periods of doubt, and nights of tears.

Feelings can have some pretty powerful effects. Their presence can consume people from the inside out. That's why It's important to keep in mind that emotions are fleeting. They come and go. This means it's crucial to embrace the positive feelings in your life and not stress the negative ones.

In joyful times, cherish every second. Live in the moment and allow yourself to truly experience happiness. People and things can be taken away in any moment, so embrace them while they are there. Also, while feelings may not last forever, don't forget that memories live on.

Inevitably there will be tough times in your life. There are going to be moments your heart aches so bad you feel it might fall out of your chest. There may also be excruciating periods of sadness that seem endless. But in those times, don't lose hope. Also, don't let those times define you or your life. Whether these feelings stem from loss, failure, relationships, or unexplained emotions, just remember they're temporary. These feelings are unfortunately an inherent part of life, BUT fortunately they don't last forever.

When you're stuck in a state of anger or frustration, this is another time your feelings will be tested. We're all human. We're all going to have those days where we're mad at ourselves, other people, or situations we're in. But sometimes in those moments, we just have to take a deep breath and try and let those emotions go. They're not worth holding on to. Always avoid going to bed mad or frustrated when there's a brand new day ahead of you.

While I believe love is a decision, it also involves emotion. This means that while you may love someone forever, the feeling of "being in love" is not going to last forever. Now for all you hopeless romantics, don't let this discourage you. In fact, let it inspire you. Fight through those tough times and don't let temporary emotions hinder an ever-lasting love.

Emotions are strong and very capable of bringing out the best and worst in ourselves. So when you find yourself overwhelmed by your feelings, remember that they will come and go. Allow yourself to experience all of your emotions, but don't let them define you. In concordance with the wise words of C.S. Lewis, hold on more tightly to your knowledge, principles, and habits. At the end of the day, these are the enduring qualities that make you, you.