Just Keep Tweeting

Just Keep Tweeting

Can Technology be a Means to Achieving Education Equality?

14
Just Keep Tweeting

The objective of African-American college students is to fully utilize the education that they have been given, attained through perseverance and determination in the face of cynicism. To these ends, these students ought to use their education to aid tumultuous issues within the black community. An important issue that could be tackled is education reform on primary and secondary levels. Furthermore, there are a plethora of issues that should be changed within the community, and these changes will lead to a degree of economic equality. Issues that plague the African American community stem from suppressive forces with longevity, but can be remedied through cooperation and activism.

In an age where internet availability is easily accessible, technology can be used as a platform to address social injustices widespread. In Ferguson, Missouri, after another episode of police brutality; individuals demonstrated that social media was the new vestibule to disseminate information in what became a global campaign: #blacklivesmatter. When Nigerian girls were kidnapped by the Boko Haram, #bringourgirlshome became a tantalizing sensation that enraptured the global community. The plight of the oppressed minimalized by oppression should be magnified and maximized through social media to enrich a liberating campaign without borders. Outside of social media, technology is still able to help African Americans. To rectify the harms in which African Americans are displaced from higher education; collegiate courses have become readily accessible through online education specifically catered to assisting a variety of students. Not every student is the same; thus, there ought to be a myriad of mechanisms to give students the utilities necessary to succeed. This same technological innovation used to come up with creative ways to expand the education experience both inside and outside of the classroom is the same type of creativity needed to promulgate our industrial infrastructure. This can occur through creating technology necessary for alternative energy and inventions that could even lower the cost of healthcare through maximizing efficacy.