have fun while you are young
Seasonal

Just Go For It

Live a little and have some fun

60
Just Go For It
Emma Looby

I like my routine. I like sleeping in my own bed. I like having my car in the driveway in case I need to go to go anywhere I like cooking homemade meals. I like that I am a homebody.

But sometimes, I need to step outside of my comfort zone and have some fun.

This past weekend, I drove down to the shore with my boyfriend and two of our friends for a mini-vacation. We had this trip planned for a little over a month and had time to go food shopping and pack everything we wanted to take down with us. Needless to say, the weekend was relaxing and fun. We hit the beach for a little while and went swimming, we found new and delicious restaurants, and we enjoyed each other's company by putting down our technology for a while.

As we were cleaning up the house and preparing to leave Monday morning, some of my girls texted me saying they wanted to be spontaneous and spend the next two nights at one of the ladies' shore house and asked me to come along. After reading the text, I complained to my boyfriend saying things like, "I've already been down here for a few days and I'm not sure if I want to stay", and "we finished our food, so I don't really have anything besides the few pairs of clothes, my bathing suit, and my towel."

He turned and looked at me and said, "Em, you have everything you need; you should go and have a fun two days with your girls."

He was absolutely right.

Although there were no set plans, we had a house to stay in, a car to drive there and back, and our bathing suits. Together, we played card games, watched old movies, and laughed at old memories we shared. I definitely missed my routine and my bed, but it felt good to be out and having fun with my friends.

Now, when we are young, we should be free to spend time with the people we choose, making memories to last a lifetime. Even if the plans don't sound like something you would typically go for, go for it anyway. Get out of your comfort zone and have some fun this summer.