Just Do it

Just Do it

"If it's both terrifying and amazing then you should definitely pursue it." -Erada

194
Just Do it

Many of us experience college differently. Some people go away to college and others commute to school. Some join Greek life and some try out for the university sports team. Either way, we are all doing our own thing and trying to figure out who we truly are and who we want to be. At times we can feel overwhelmed and stressed over the pressure to 4.0 a class or the pressure to move into our own apartments. We may get our hearts broken by the people we never thought would leave us or we may feel disconnected from our friends who are away at different colleges. But in the end, no matter what you are going through, you must pull through because "if it is both terrifying and amazing then you should definitely pursue it."

I found this quote a while back and I realized how meaningful it can be. As young adults we sometimes feel like our world is crashing down and we just can't seem to catch a break. We feel like the universe is against us and we just cannot win. We may feel like there is so much we should be doing but for some reason, someone or something is holding us back from it. New opportunities and chances to change our lives may even arise but for some reason, we are anxious for that change and instead of going full throttle, we play it safe and stick to the life we are used to living.

My advice to you: Live by this quote. Follow your heart even if you are scared because you truly have nothing to lose. If you never leave your comfort zone, how will you ever find greatness? How will you ever become who you truly want to be if you do not take these chances that are put out for you? You and only you, can make yourself happy.

For me, it took awhile to realize that the very things that terrify me are the things that give me strength and ambition. I realized that I didn't need to lie about who I was or keep what I am thinking inside. All I needed to do was just be me. I want to be terrified because that means that I am challenging myself to live the life I know I deserve. I believe that anything you want, you can have as long as you just believe in yourself. So take chances and make life happen. Even if you fall 100 times, get back up and prove to everyone that yes, you are terrified, but something amazing is about to happen.