Just Another Political Article
Politics

Just Another Political Article

Just another college student's opinion.

3
Just Another Political Article
CNN

This election has been a long one. In the beginning, I felt the bern. I remember feeling great enthusiasm when Sanders won the state of Colorado. I remember casting my vote for him in my home state of New Mexico. I remember when the Republican pool was around 12 people. I remember when we, as a country, laughed audibly at the possibility of Trump as a nominee. But here we are.

Amidst a great deal of controversy from both sides, I have struggled with the idea of voting for Clinton who has been caught lying, and let’s just say Trump was never even remotely considered. Now that the debates have come around we will (hopefully) see in clearer detail what the candidates stand for and what they plan to do. Here’s my primary issue going into these debates, we know where both of them stand on key issues, but when it comes to Trump, we haven’t seen anything that resembles an actual plan. If the Republican debates are anything to go off of we will just be subjected to sexist, racist, and otherwise inappropriate rhetoric mixed in with the occasional phallic joke. But in an effort to keep this article about logic and not paying attention to someone who doesn’t deserve it, I will cease discussion of the Trump here unless it is in direct comparison to Clinton.

Most recently we have seen Clinton endorsed by The New York Times. She has been endorsed by several celebrities of repute and most importantly, members of her party. Whereas we have seen a constant flow of members of the republican party, outright oppose Trump. What can that mean for Clinton? What it should mean is that she has more established credibility in her little finger than Trump can ever hope to get. And that’s ignoring her years of governmental experience and training. This is not just focusing on Trump’s lack of support, but also, his lack of experience. In anything governmental.

Clinton’s policies show support and respect for all individuals. Her policies reflect professionalism and understanding of global operations. While she pulls no punches in discussing her opponents, her arguments are based on fact instead of the argument tactics of a two-year-old whose feelings are hurt. She advocates for equality and shows legitimate concern for the lower class. She can be president. She has the necessary experience and know how. She conducts herself with professionalism and respect.

Now that Hillary is playing on her home court in the debates, she can exhibit her superiority in literally everything regarding the presidency. She could just allow Trump to humiliate himself by exhibiting his ever present sexism, racism, immaturity, and overall inability to demonstrate professionalism in any respect. I am excited for this year of political idiocracy to come to a rest. And in case it hasn’t been made clear, I’m with her.