5 Very Real Junior Year Feels

5 Very Real Junior Year Feels

Five thoughts Juniors in college think throughout the year.

8
5 Very Real Junior Year Feels
Huffington Post

1. Only two more years, I can do this.

12 years of public school, two years down of college. No point in giving up now. I have two more years and I CAN do this. Or at least I think I can. You would think that after being a part of something like school for so long it would grow on you and you'd begin to like it. I'm still waiting for that to happen to me. Although, college has led me to areas of study that I didn't have in high school, and I do have a better grasp on what I want to study. Maybe school isn't so bad after all... Only two more years, though.

2. To apply for grad school or not?

Just kidding on that two more years thing. Grad school?!? Am I supposed to go? Where do I go? What do I go for? How many years is it going to require? I thought I was done with school after senior year! Thinking about applying to grad school is daunting. Thinking about the money that will be spent paying for grad school is frightening. Some people chose not to go to graduate school after college and that's fine. However, with the growing competitive job market, more and more now, a masters degree is is sought after and looked highly upon. The choice to continue schooling is up to you. Plus, what is three or four more years of college gonna hurt?

3. What am I even doing with my life?

Did I pick the right major? What am I going to do for a job? Where am I going to live after college? These questions and more really start making an appearance during Junior year. Suddenly everything is getting very real, very quickly. Take some deep breaths and eat loads of chocolate. Sometimes it's the simple pleasures in life that can get you through to the bigger things.

4. Heck yeah! I'm almost a senior!

Towards the end of junior year you're thinking about all the possibilities and fun times of Senior year that you will finally get to enjoy. Plus, who doesn't like being top dog at their school? You will finally get to go to the President's house for the senior picnic, be in the running for homecoming court, have people envy that you're almost done with school, and finally get to walk across that stage and get your diploma. Senior year will be the year for you, and you can't wait to get done with your Junior year so you can start.

5. Holy crap, I'm almost a senior.

But then reality sets in. Senior year is also a year of lasts; lasts that you aren't yet ready to give up. The friends that have been there for you since day one pulling all-nighters and getting half price apps and Culver's with, they won't be around anymore. You'll have to either continue schooling or get a real job with a real apartment and real bills. Are you ready? It's coming fast. So slow down and enjoy Junior year. Senior year will be here before you know it.