Go Ahead, Judge My Seize 0

Go Ahead, Judge My Seize 0

The Double Standard

50
Go Ahead, Judge My Seize 0

Go ahead, judge me for my chicken legs, because the second I say something about your seize 26, ill be known as a fat shamer. We live in a world surrounded by weight loss adds, products, and television shows. While I find this to be a positive aspect to our society, the minority tends to get ignored and/or forgotten. I'm here to help you understand us, the minorities, the ones who are not talked about, because everyone thinks we have it easy. Well here's a reality check, it's not easy, and in fact, it's embarrassing, annoying, frustrating, and even scary. I'm not here to sit and complain about how hard it is to be a seize 0, but I want to be the voice for these girls. I want to give you insight into what it's like to be us. The world gives the overweight a voice, so how come we can't get one?

Does looking in your mirror almost everyday, staring at your naked body and nearly cringing at the seize sound familiar?

The majority of us are looking at our extra stomach fat and cellulite on our legs that we're so disgusted of. However, the minority of us are looking at the structure of our bones as if we were already a skeleton.

While your looking at the image in the mirror, your probably frustrated. Your likely embarrassed at times. And then you think to yourself, "thankfully I'm the only person who will see me this way."

The majority wishes pounds of themselves away, as they stare at the magazine and wish to be "that model" However what the majority doesn't realize, is that the girl in the magazine, doesn't really look like the girl in the magazine.

The minority on the other hand, can see their ribs, their chest, their hips, and shoulders. We wonder what it will take to get some meat on these bones. We eat and we eat and we even see nutritionists who tell us what to eat. However, we still can't gain a pound. Boyfriends tell us that were too skinny. Best friends tell us that we look like skeletons on halloween. Then we start to get really insecure and buy a scale, even though we are told to love our bodies for who they are. Then we start to get on the scale every night, and stare at the same 100.5 pounds, wondering why we are at such an unhealthy weight. Parents and relatives start to get concerned about you. Your body is a target for an anorexic looking girl. Clothes stop fitting us, and you wonder if any clothes will ever again. You start getting known as "the skinny girl" or "miss twig" and you even question weather anyone would want to hire or date the skinny looking girl. Eventually, your weight starts to become on obsession, and you are constantly focused on gaining weight. The second you sit on the scale and see a difference, even if it's two pounds, it makes your day.

To my fellow majority, do these thoughts sounds familiar? Do they sound real? Because they are. How did you feel when you were made fun of because of your weight? Or when you were insecure and thought nobody would date you? How about the times people started making jokes about you?

Being insecure over being too skinny vs. bring insecure because your overweight is the exact same thing. It's a double standard.

So next time your staring at us, in envy with nothing but jealousy in your mind. Step aside and think about it for a second. You may have more in common to the girl wearing the seize 0 then you think.