Journey To Spirituality

Journey To Spirituality

Depression was the beginning.

18
Journey To Spirituality

Letter From a Troubled Friend

I am sitting down.

I've been sitting on the same couch for three hours. Unable to get up, and with the same thoughts tormenting me.

“It's such a beautiful day,” Mom says, looking at the window.

It's always night in my mind. I've become friends with the moon and the stars.

My legs are numb and I know there is something terribly wrong with me.

Since I am sitting down, I decide to distract myself with the internet.

Open Google.

“How do I stop the thoughts?”

Drink tea. Go for a walk. Meet up with friends.

This is too funny.

Depression will make you happier. Depression will make you truly appreciate love. Depression will help you understand so much about the world.

I had never ever seen depression being used in a positive light.

I click on the website.

Meditation has been used by ancients as a way to heal the mind and body.

I put my phone down.

I close my eyes and sit criss cross applesauce.

All of the nasty thoughts surface. Instead of pushing them away, I accept them. As I do this, I begin to feel light. I begin to see shapes and focus on them.

When I open my eyes, my legs no longer feel numb.

I walk to the kitchen and make myself some tea.

A big accomplishment for me.