I'm A Bernie Support And I Will Vote For Joe Biden

I've Got A 'Berning' Feeling Joe Biden Might Be Our Only Fighting Chance Against Trump

I'm OK with missing the Democratic primary and I'm becoming OK with voting for Biden.

58

As 2020 continues to throw curveballs at us, I can't help but wonder what's yet to come. In my case, I have to pick a career, register for classes, and vote for the first time. I can't help but wonder if all my support for Bernie Sanders is worth it. What I mean by that is, does Sanders still have the chance to beat Biden and win the Democratic nomination?

I don't know the answer to that question but, hopefully, we can all come to a consensus by the time November rolls around.

My primary voting date is Tuesday, March 17, but the problem is I work all day and I will be an hour away from my voting location. Is that an excuse to not use my voice and vote to help change this country for the better? No, but sometimes life gets in the way. I'm not avoiding the primary on purpose and I never would because I have so much anger and emotion to be poured into this decision. I am just slowly coming to the conclusion that Sanders might not come out on top at the end of the day.

We should vote blue no matter who, right?

A lot of people will say that this is my first election and I don't know what I'm talking about, but I've been keeping up. Bernie is everything this country needs to revert back to the America we once knew and now need, but a strong majority is fighting against this change. Yes, we are at such a critical point but transitioning from Republican right to the Democratic far left might not be the answer. As much as I want my student loan debt forgiven and Medicare for All, let's face it, people don't like change. A moderate candidate could either be the best thing or worst thing for us — but better than Trump nonetheless.

As much as I love and support everything Bernie Sanders stands for, I don't see this as a complete loss.

Of course, I'm sad, but I know that there's still a chance for both Democratic candidates against Trump. I think people are starting to wake up but too few too late. What we can do now is take our anger and turn it into good. If your primary has already passed that's OK, but encourage your friends to go vote — and remember to vote in November!