7 Songs By Jack Johnson That Show He Understands What It's Like To Be A Stressed-Out College Student

I have a hunch he is writing majority of his songs with us college girls in mind.

253

Anyone who enjoys a nice cup of coffee, a slow pace of life, and a nice lazy afternoon know who Jack Johnson is. The man can manage to change any mood with the sound of his charming, serenading voice. Here are a few songs that have helped me get through typical college kid struggles.

1. "Banana Pancakes"

https://craftlog.com/in/cooking/ext-jack-johnson-banana-pancakes-xMjv

Waking up the morning after you just drank your problems away the night before and now feel like you are nursing the worse hangover ever. Maybe you had a class or something planned later that day and feel guilty for skipping. I can assure you, listening to Banana pancakes will help put your mind at ease. And by the way, your going to want to try out this recipe.

2. "I Got You"

https://tenor.com/search/hug-gifs

When you wake up at 10:20 in the morning and realize if you speed and make it to Chick-fil-a in ten minutes you can get chicken minnies. The moment the first chicken minnie touches your tongue, just play the song guys.

3. "Do You Remember"

https://gifimage.net/heart-eyes-gif-14/

When you first lay your eyes on the most beautiful human ever and 'accidentally' bump/trip/fall into them at the bar and proceed to fail at flirting with them and then grow a creepy crush which involves you stalking their instagram on a daily basis until you accidentally like a picture from three years ago so you try to make yourself feel better by reminding yourself one day this will be the story to your kids of how we first met. Am I the only one?

4. "Eyes Like That"

https://giphy.com/gifs/friends-sorry-joey-tribbian...

Your favorite professor catches you sharing homework answers between you and a couple of your classmates at the beginning of the semester. You realize the relationship you just jeopardized with your professor and how bad you want them to like you again and forgive you. For the rest of the semester you laugh at all their dad jokes and try and answer every question they ask- pulling a classic kiss up move, we have all been there. But really, don't act like you haven't shared homework answers once upon a time.

5. "Better Together"

https://tenor.com/search/drinking-wine-gifs

She makes you laugh, she makes you cry, she is there for you when you really feel like you have no one else to turn to. You and your favorite bottle of wine. Love you girly.

6. "Upside Down"

Sitting at your desk in class, sweating, dreading the end of class because you know you are about to get the test back that you took last week and are about 99.9998% sure that you bombed it. You gulp as she hands you the test, take a deep breath, flip the test over and to amazingly to your disbelief you got a B!! In that moment the word is at your fingertips, you feel unstoppable, and never want the feeling to go away.

7. "Good People Go"

https://giphy.com/gifs/archiecomics-archie-comics-...

When you lose all your friends at the bar and find yourself talking to the 3/10 that has been trying to hit on you all night just so you don't have to stand there alone. We've all been there.

So prior to your next panic attack, hungover morning, wine night, or chicken minnie hitting your taste buds, play the songs people, and it will help you- or make that moment just that much sweeter. Here's to you Jack Johnson, thanks for looking out for us stressed college kids.