When Your Sister Has A Baby...

When Your Sister Has A Baby...

It's Us Against The World

136
When Your Sister Has A Baby...

Before telling you about the most amazing experience I have had over my spring break, I think that you should first know some of my family background. I am the youngest of seven and the second youngest sibling is 25 years old, I am 19. When growing up, we had sibling rivalry down to a T, but as we grew older...she moved out and now it was us against the world. Finding out that she was pregnant was a big shocker, I just could not believe that she was going to be a mother already but I knew that she would be the best mother there is. I knew this because even though we grew up always fighting to when we were thicker than thieves, she was always there for me and stuck up for me no matter what. Throughout her pregnancy, all I could think about was how excited I was to be an aunt and to finally hold the baby.

Now, this is not the first time that I am an aunt actually, I have eight other nieces and nephews, but I was never in the delivery room. It was on Friday, St. Patrick’s Day, at 3 in the morning that my mom and I received a call that my sister was in labor. I was really excited and nervous, not knowing how it was going to be. Seeing a life being brought into the world was one of the most amazing moments that I knew I would never forget; it did not fail me. It was such a beautiful thing to be a part of and I was so grateful to be there for my sister and her baby. When it came time for my sister to start pushing, I had butterflies in my stomach. Watching my sister go through the pains of labor was pretty hard, yet I knew that once that little baby girl came into this world, it would all be worth it. The first time that I saw the baby’s face, I immediately began crying and became completely enamored by her beautiful face. I never knew that loving someone that quickly was possible, in fact, it was truly love at first sight. Hearing her cry for the first time and seeing her eyes open up, look around, and then close again was the most awing sight. I just knew that she would be unconditionally loved and would have the brightest future that I could not wait to see her go through. At that moment, all I could think about was all the firsts she would experience. Her first steps, her first words, her first day of school, all of this I would get to watch first hand and see her grow up in front of my eyes, and I could not wait for the big adventure that I knew had just started. I knew no matter what, I would always be there for that little baby and that I would always try to protect her and of course, she and I will be as thick as thieves.