It's The Small Things

It's The Small Things

Bring on the love.

16
It's The Small Things
Wise Wellness Center

Days are like Taco Bell. They can be wonderfully satisfying, or they can make us sick to our stomach. Life throws curve balls and hardships at us, and sometimes we end up getting hit right in the face. When the going gets tough, certain things become more important to us than they ever were before.

Mundane aspects of our lives, while we don’t give them much thought, can be essential to us. When we’re feeling shaken or down, routines give us something to hold onto. Organizing things, cleaning, making a meal, working, studying, brushing our teeth, working out, listening to music, reading, writing, drinking our morning coffee, laughing, taking a walk-- all of these things give us some consistency and distraction.

At the highest importance, however, are our relationships with each other. I can think of hundreds of times that my day has made a complete one-eighty after spending time with certain people, or even from a small interaction. Remember, always, that other people will be there when life seems tough.

With that said: wear the comfiest clothes, brush the enamel out of your teeth, laugh until it hurts, and spend time with the people you love, because there’s always others that can bring you up when you’re feeling down. Plus, food. Food is good, too.