Is It Spring Yet?!

Is It Spring Yet?!

Mother Nature, give it up; it's time for spring.

143
Is It Spring Yet?!

It is time to get past those winter blues. Shed those layers, grab those sunglasses; spring is finally here. Attendance in classes will go up for a few weeks, just because we won't dread the walk to class. Get ready for afternoons of fun and random adventures; the students at EKU love the spring!

1. Motivation… What’s that?

Spring rolls around and all motivation goes out the open window that’s letting the spring breeze fill the halls. Even the professors don’t want to be in class. Cross your fingers for cancellations on those warm spring days.

2. Let’s… Play ball!

That’s right, ladies and gents, the baseball pants are back! That sweet sound of the ball hitting the bat really does mean spring is here! Thankfully at EKU we don’t just have one great baseball team but two great teams. The EKU Baseball team with Coach Edwin Thompson is kickin’ off the spring semester with hard work and a series win-- great job, boys! If you haven’t had enough baseball yet, go check out the EKU Club Baseball team. They are the 2015 NCBA Division II World Series Champions; who wouldn’t want to watch these hotshots in action?! They have energy like no other and have a passion for the game! Go show support to these amazing boys!

3. Music from above.

Thanks to the Greeks for playing music for the whole campus to hear. Disney to country and every music genre in between. It’s not spring unless there is music coming from the towers.

4. Its not spring without a trip to the Ravine.

During the spring people flood to the Ravine. Whether it’s to work on their tan, to hang out and get some fresh air, or to do homework, the ravine is one of the best on-campus places to go!

5. Let’s go to the Pinnacles.

Yep, flocks of students will be loading up their cars to go to the Pinnacles to hike. The first few days of spring there will be an overload of pictures of sorority girls “throwing what they know” when they reach the top or the pictures of this gorgeous view!

6. …or lets go to Jigg!

If you don't know what Jigg is then you haven't been at EKU very long. It’s just a creek, but a creek that leads us to adventure. Pack up the trucks, grab the coolers, fun is just around the corner!

7. The legs come out.

Hello, track shorts! Although it may not be warm enough for short shorts it’s time for these white, pasty legs to see the sun. Not to mention tanning places get more business.

8. Beware of runners.

Warm days mean it’s time to come out of hiding from Mr. Winter. That’s right, runners everywhere. Stay out of their way; they have no mercy for the walkers.

9. With all these runners, here comes the Color Run.

That’s right, get ready for the streets to be covered with colorful dust. Whether you are doing it for fun or to be competitive, here at EKU we take it seriously. Sun, rain, or snow, nothing will stop us from the Color Run!

10. Starbucks cups go from cardboard to clear plastic.

Say goodbye to hot drinks and hello to cold drinks! Here comes the Passion Tea Lemonades and Mocha Fraps. It just means the summer drinks are right around the corner!

11. Parking

Parking may not get better, but at least this pretty weather is worth the walk to your car that is parked on the other side of campus.

12. Springtime means smiles.

People are much friendlier when the sun's out and the temperature is up. It makes walking on campus a much better experience. “Because I’m happy…Clap along if you know what happiness means to you.”

13. Springtime brings a whole different meaning to the "Campus Beautiful."