Not Everyone Can Handle Me And That Is Ok

I've learned that not everyone is capable of handling all of my mental struggles and that is okay.

278
SheKnows

If there is one thing I have learned throughout my twenty years of life on this earth it would be that not everyone is going to like you. However, when you have anxiety, depression, OCD, etc you also learn that not everyone can handle you. It took me a while to grasp this idea. You see, I always wanted people to like me, accept me, and understand me. That just simply will not happen, and that is okay. My roller coaster of emotions is simply something not everyone will be able to handle. Having OCD is hard and being friends with someone who has OCD isn't always easy. I ask a ton of questions, sometimes even the same questions, all the time. My brain doesn't shut off and I am always haunted by the "what if's" that life holds. I also crave a closeness only some can give. I want an ear to vent to often and someone to tell me it is going to be okay. Not everyone has time for that and I have come to understand that. It's okay if not everyone likes you and it's okay if you are "too emotional" for some people.

To those who have been able to handle me, I say thank you. I have found a select few that I can truly go to and express my entire feelings to. That feeling is great and makes me feel a little safer. These people were truly placed into my life to fight alongside me. They are my support system. They are the reason I am able to keep on fighting and moving forward. Coming to terms with the fact that not everyone can handle me has truly shed light on how rare and beautiful those who can handle me are.