It's Your Story But It May Be Left Unfinished

Carve your own path and live your own life!

32
https://unsplash.com/photos/TR5i0XlvDUc

Generations upon generations upon generations (you see where I'm going with this?) have come before us. They have passed stuff down to us that may have been around for generations. Their morals, traditions, and practices have been passed down throughout the ages and entrusted to us to pass on to the next generation.

I think it needs to come to an end.

We shouldn't be at the mercy of our ancestors anymore. Not that we should completely forget and erase how our past has shaped us, but become our own entity and leave our own historical mark to pass on to the next generation.

I remember a quote by an announcer on ESPN about Stephen Curry he said "He went from being Dell Curry's Son to Dell Curry being his Father. Stephen Curry was finally realized as Stephen and not the little boy who was always by his Dad's side at the Hornets' game. As he progressed on to surpassing his Father he was able to shape his own history and write his story in the books to come. Curry also did not sacrifice his own morals and beliefs for fame and money because of his popularity as an NBA All-Star.

If any of us were given the opportunity to sign with Nike under certain circumstances it wouldn't be long until that paper was signed. For Curry, it was more than just the brand, recognition, and athletic clothing. It was about being a role model, writing his own story, and using his platform to impact the world how he wanted it. Even if it meant signing with Under Armour to have that platform. Also kudos to Under Armour for allowing their athletes to express themselves freely and not only feel a part of something special but create something special for them individually as well.

The moral of this story is that creating your story is important for you. Don't be bound by inside or outside expectations. The standards that everyone sets is what they require for you to become great. The standards that you set for yourself is what will make you great in your entity. Don't be overshadowed by your parents past and don't be discouraged to carry on morals and traditions that you don't want to. It is your life story and no one else can tell it better than you. So...

What is your story?