Is Being Alone in Space a Good Thing?

Is Being Alone in Space a Good Thing?

The benefits of being Alone
26

As a species, we keep finding ourselves coming back to the question of whether we are alone in our universe or not. We constantly keep looking through our telescopes crossing our fingers and hoping that we get something in return. We constantly make Hollywood movies that depict aliens as dangerous, harmless, ones that are wiling to communicate with us and ones that are not.

Voyager l was launched in the 1960's which contains a time capsule that contains images and sounds on what called the Golden Record. Everything from photos of other planets to pictures of trees to a photo of a bearded man. We sent it out into space in hopes that some other civilization will pick it up and possibly read it. This might sound intriguing for some, but for me, it is both intriguing and startling. Say some form of advanced species was able to actually acquire this satellite. Would they be conquerors or something else? We really don't know, and I would rather not find out. The possibility of us leaving Earth in search of a civilization or to move to another planet get higher and higher with all the new advances we have in science and technology. We have the capabilities to keep seeing further out into space. We are discovering new galaxies, new "earth-like" planets, and new stars that host unexplored worlds. One of the most recent voyages under way are the Mars missions. A handful of people have signed away their lives to the effort of interstellar travel. In the famous words of Arthur C. Clark, " Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."