11 Foods Every Irishman And Woman Living In The States Misses

Can you really have a sandwich without Brennan's bread?
122

There's a lot of things you'll miss about Ireland after living abroad for a couple of years — the people, your friends, your family, the sense of humor, the gorgeous views. But something that you never thought you would miss so much, something that you take for granted while living at home, something that might surprise you THE FOOD. American bread, chocolate, gravy, and tea do not have a patch on some of the Irish staples that we all grew up eating. You'll crave it so much that when family and friends come to visit, your mouth will already be watering before the suitcases (full of goodies) are even opened!

So, from my own personal experience, here are some of the Irish foods that you will definitely crave if you're living overseas!

1. Cadbury's chocolate

Can't really beat a classic Dairy Milk.

2. Lucozade

Probably so bad for you but oh so good.

3. Chipper chips

Must be dripping with vinegar to the point where your eyes water as you open the bag.

4. Sausage rolls

A surprising one actually, but who doesn't love a sausage roll with loads of ketchup.

5. Brennan's bread

Batched loaf, please.

6. Real brown bread

The Script even wrote a song with the opening of the music video including the line, "I'm dying for a proper piece of brown bread."

7. Tea

Hot with one sugar and a drop of milk. None of that iced tea nonsense.

8. Smarties (NOT American Smarties)

Will choose over M&Ms any day.

9. Chinese 3-in-1s

Literally the best hangover cure/drunk food/binge eat ever.

10. Bisto

Can you even have a Sunday dinner without it?

11. Tayto crisps

Explains itself really!