inventions-for-poverty-alleviation

Inventions for Poverty Alleviation

In my opinion, it is so important to keep the aids sustainable, and there so many inventions and improvements to make it happen. In this article, I will be talking about some of the most influential ones.

16
Inventions for Poverty Alleviation

The living conditions in the world's poorest regions are beyond our imagination. As a person who is trying to do as much as possible to downsize global poverty, even I cannot imagine what it would feel like having no shelter, no drinking water, living in an environment in which it is so common to die from preventable causes like diarrhea or influenza.

Luckily, there are many organization, businesses and individuals that are aware of this struggling, life-threatening situation and are taking an action.

1. In every country, there are a lot of disabled people, and no matter where you live it is hard to have a disability because there so many people who do not care. It is even harder for those people living in the world's poorest regions. There approximately, 20 million people in those regions that are in need of wheelchairs. Roughrider Wheelchair is a low-cost, durable, and appropriately designed wheelchair for using in those countries.

2.Water is the most essential need of human beings for survival. However, it is too hard to find clean water in underdeveloped regions. Millions of people have to walk miles of road to find water they do not know if it is clean. The Hippo Rollers are designed to help people save energy and help them provide water efficiently for their families.

3. One of the biggest consequences of poverty is hunger. Even though it is importanto to provide food aid, it is much more important to make it sustainable. One of the most efficient and sustainable ways to provide food is through agriculture. Innovations in solar pump design and drip irrigation method enable to grow more crops efficiently with less water, and make agriculture possible in areas that could not be farmed previously. Solar-Powered Irrigation systems contain a photovoltaic modules that are connected to a wheeled pump so that water could be pumped efficiently from wells or rivers.

4.Education is needed for everyone to be able stand on their own feet. One Laptop per Child is a non-profit initiative which enables children in developing regions to have access for education and educational content. Those low-cost computers also have built-in wireless and a readable screen under direct sunlight.

5.Another invention that helps hunger is HotPot Solar Ovens. Even though they could find food, it is not so possible to have access to electricity, cooking materials, energy, etc. However, sun is always up in the sky, and the hot-pot solar ovens make use of it providing families and inexpensive way to cook.

6.Malnutrition is one of the biggest reasons for high rates of child deaths. Plumpy'nut is a substance that contains 500 calories of peanut, butter, milk, vitamins and minerals in a paste form. This invention was able to transform a malnourished toddler from near death to healthy within 2-4 weeks.

7.As I previously mentioned it is too hard to find clean water, and it is so common to die due to drinking dirty, bacteria-containing water. The LifeStraw filters water while people drink from any of source of unpurified water from lakes or puddles. It is designed to be used by one person, and it filters approximately 4000 liters of water which is enough for one person for three years. It is able to removebacteria and parasites from water. There are also improvements added to LifeStraw. These are LifeStraw family which is a larger unit designed for family usage, LifeStraw Go Water Bottle, which is designed to incorporate the filters into a smaller water bottle so that people can drink clean water from bottles.

8. Malaria is very common in tropical environments. It is a life-threatening disease caused by an infectious mosquito bites. Kite Patch is a small sticker invented to prevent people from mosquitoes up to 48 hours.9.Vaccines is an efficient way to prevent people from catching devastating diseases. Jet Injector is invented to end the need of injections to provide vaccines. It uses high pressure to deliver the substance in a safer, cleaner and simpler way.

It is extremely important to keep up with the actions in consideration of the world's poorest, and these are only a few of them.