Intuition My Best Friend

Intuition My Best Friend

That little voice inside your head.

122
Intuition My Best Friend
www.science-all.com

Why My Intuition is My Best Friend…

It’s that subtle feeling that nudges you in the direction of the girl from English class that you always see at the campus Starbucks in between classes. It’s the voice within that tells you to go to that college even though it’s 2,000 miles away from all your closest friends and family. It’s that urge that drives you to open up that flower shop you’ve always wanted to even though you have no idea how to run a business. That feeling, that voice, that urge is your intuition; a gut instinct which abidingly and unequivocally directs us to our grandest of destinations, that place where all our hopes and dreams eagerly await our arrival.

Due to the challenges and questions life has unearthed in my relatively fledgling experience, I have had the privilege of creating a splendid friendship with my intuition. I’ve always heard the saying, “never second guess yourself” as well as “the first answer you chose is usually the right one.” I suppose my first illustrious encounter with my pal good ole’ intuition came after being pulled over by a police officer for a “noise disturbance” from the speakers in my car. The fine if I chose not to fight it, would be over 200 dollars. Feeling that I was not in the wrong, I decided to try my luck in court with the judge. Right before I was called on, my mother told me to “plead guilty” so I would receive a reduced fine, and at that very moment a very delicate feeling within me, without words said very clearly, “plead not guilty.” As my voice cracked and sweat welled in my clasps palms the words, “not guilty” scampered from my mouth. I went on to explain my side of the story to the judge. Upon the conclusion of my timid narrative, the judge ruled in my favor; I was ecstatic! From that point on I vowed to always listen meticulously to my own inner judge, my intuition.

Experiences have taught me that we possess all the answers to the question we have. I believe that as humans we are conditioned to always seek an authority figure to give our lives direction, unknowingly ignoring our chief advisor, that voice within us, our intuition. When we seek counsel outside ourselves the blame can basically be placed on another if failure is an outcome which ultimately gets us off the hook. Perhaps we believe that if we do, “bet the house” on ourselves that we may go broke! Yet in my most tumultuous, uncertain and vacillating of times the guidance from my intuition has always proven itself reliable and virtuous.

We must believe in ourselves and our abilities more because somehow, someway, we always know what is right for us, what is best for us, what is most beneficial to us even in the face of grim uncertainty. Where inside of us does this place of “knowing” dwell? How might our lives differ if we listened to our intuition 100% of the time? What chances might we take?

I know not exactly what intuition is or how it came about, but I do know that its voice is always unerring and this is why my intuition is my best friend.