International Women's Day Is An Amazing Day, But Truthfully, Women Should Be Celebrated EVERYDAY

We need to uplift, encourage, and empower the women around us even if we don't agree with them. Us women go through enough already - we shouldn't be at war with each other.

53
four person standing beside wall

International Women's Day falls on March 8th. That is one day that we, as women, aren't discriminated against or sexualized. But, why do we only get one day? Women have come such a long way paving the paths for younger girls to follow. Females doctors, female CEOs, and everything in between - they are teaching us that we can also be independent. We don't need a man to climb social ladders, to make it on top.

Vanessa Bryant shows us how to be strong, courageous, and still look fabulous doing it. She lost both her husband and her daughter, and she still manages to show us parts of her life after the tragedy. We even just elected the first female Vice President into office - Kamala Harris.

However, it's still difficult in this world to be a female - we're taught to not walk outside late at night, to carry pepper spray, and to always scream for help.

But why aren't men taught to just respect women? To not degrade us and make us victims but instead defend us. There are gentlemen out there who will stand up for women when our voice isn't enough.

International Women's Day is a day for us women to come together and to celebrate all of our struggles and successes. We shouldn't fight each other, but instead we should fight together to make all our voices just that much more powerful. To inspire and create change for future girls and create a world where it's not a man's world. To create an equal world where women don't have to compete to be heard, seen, and understood. We just want to accepted, respected, and not be victims.

Women are still fighting for an equal world; one where we all come together and don't have to say the words "me too."