IHOP Is Now IHOB

IHOP is now IHOB and the internet is going nuts

The International House of Pancakes will be no more.

188

When I was a kid, my mom used to take my brother and me to IHOP every Saturday. I would always get original pancakes topped with strawberries and extra whipped cream. To be honest with you, I don't really like pancakes, but the whipped cream is where it's at! Nonetheless, IHOP makes up a large part of my childhood. If you have been near the internet over the past few days, you may have noticed that IHOP is changing their name to IHOB and will not tell the internet why until June 11.

Of course, this is a great marketing trick because the internet blew up with distraught IHOP fans and theories about the name change. My favorite being IHOB stands for the international House Of Bacon. As well, the IHOP Twitter page has put up a poll to allow followers to guess what the new name change means. Current top contenders include: Bacon (of course), Biscuits, and Barnacles.

As a fellow IHOPer myself, I must join in on the fun. To be honest with you, I think I have the most probable reason as to why IHOP is now IHOB. As many fans as IHOP has, I don't think many people know that IHOP actually stands for International House of Pancakes. IHOP is very well known for their pancakes, but they do not only sell pancakes. Oh no. IHOP also has waffles, french toast, biscuit. Do you see where I'm heading here? Let me spell it out. IHOB (the new IHOP) stands for International House Of Breakfast!

EDIT

A few hours following my thoroughly researched epiphany, IHOP had this to say:

I thought I had really gotten down to the root of IHOP's new marketing strategy, but I have failed. Therefore, the only possible thing that IHOB could every stand for. The International House Of Pancakes is now...The International House Of Bacon, which I'm sure has filled many with joy, but if you know anything about me, you know that I am a vegetarian. Thus, I'm really hoping the new name change is not indeed Bacon, but maybe it's for Brunch? Maybe IHOP - excuse me - IHOB has decided to expand their menu options to lunch as well!