Happiness comes from within

Change The Outside By Changing The Inside

A guide to gaining control of your life

142

Do you ever wish you could make life better for yourself? Here's a secret: you can. You can make your external world better by improving your internal word.

Although this may be the most cliche saying, it's true!. Happiness comes from within. When you are happy from within, your external reality doesn't seem so bad. But when you are unhappy, your external reality seems to fall apart. This shows that we attract situations based on how we feel. "Like attracts like."

Your internal world is a mirror of your external world. How you feel about others is a reflection of yourself. This doesn't mean that you are the same as this person, but it does mean that there is something to learn from this situation. If it resonates with you, it's for you. If it bothers you, it's also for you. You may think other people have some sort of power over your life, but this is only true if you let it be. You are accountable for your emotions. You have a choice in your reactions.

It is important to know that triggers are emotions that are trying to be released. Take it as an opportunity to observe it, analyze it, and change it. Once the emotion is acknowledged, it can be fully dealt with. Denial just prolongs the process.

This doesn't mean we are powerless in what occurs in our life, it actually means the opposite. We have limitless possibilities to rewrite reality. We have the choice of accepting our circumstances. We can create the life we want to based off of what we accept and what we don't.

Adversity is necessary for growth. Growth leads to self-control. And this self-control leads to a happy life. However, the good wouldn't be so good without the bad. We need emotional reactions to learn. So the next time someone triggers you, the next time you feel out of control, take a look on the inside. What can you do to take control of your life and choose a different route?