Instead Of Valentine's Day Let's Just Have Second Thanksgiving

Because chocolate and flowers are overrated and over priced.
351

Single or not, I've always thought that Valentine's Day is overrated. Like, who even decided that couples needed an entire day to show the world that they love each other? I don't want to see all that extra PDA when I'm trying to go about my daily life or all those extra posts while scrolling through my social media.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for showing the person you're with that you love and care about them, but the idea of Valentine's Day just makes everyone who is single feel left out. That's why this year we should have a second Thanksgiving instead.

Hopefully, these seven reasons will convince some people.

1. Everyone is involved.

Unlike the traditional Valentine's day where it is just couples who celebrate, everyone is involved and gets to celebrate in Second Thanksgiving.

2. You don't have to go to an expensive restaurant.

With Second Thanksgiving, you can spend less money and have an entire feast.

3. You don't have to dress up.

You can have family and friends over and you all can be in your pajamas.

4. The food and dessert is better than anything you can get going out.

Nothing beats a home cooked meal or a dessert thats been baked at home.

5. You're almost celebrating the same thing.

Valentine's Day you're celebrating your love for the person you're with. But you can celebrate how thankful you are for them and how thankful you are that you're together and that they're in your love, with Second Thanksgiving. Plus, you can celebrate that with friends and family too.

6. You don't have to buy fancy chocolates and flowers.

Lets be real, both of those things are way over priced and you're just gonna eat the chocolates in one sitting and the flowers are just going to die.

7. You won't bother anyone with all the extra PDA.

Yuck.

I feel like I could go on forever but I think I've made my point pretty clear. Now, you all have a few weeks to get your friends and family together for Second Thanksgiving.