Instant Stress Relievers

Instant Stress Relievers

Your ultimate stress relief kit.

59
Instant Stress Relievers

By the end of the week, it is normal to feel very overwhelmed. Between work, school, friends, family, whatever it may be, you just need a break. Keeping it bottled up and just hoping it will pass over just isn't going to cut it. There are certain ways to relieve stress and go back to enjoy your every day life.

1. Write

Writing out what you're stressed about and how you're feeling can instantly decrease your stress levels. Not only will it occupy your mind but also it will allow you to vent and to feel a sense of relief and calm.

2. Meditate

Research by scientists shows that not only does meditation take away the stress you're feeling that particular moment, but it actually makes you less likely to get as stressed in the future. You can do it just about anywhere, your bedroom, the living room, the park, it's easy. All you have to do is sit straight up with both feet on the floor, close your eyes, think optimistically and say positive thoughts out loud to yourself.

3. Listen to Music

Listening to music will clear your head and zap whatever stress or anxiety you're feeling. Create a playlist of songs that make you happy and that you get really into. Whenever you feel that stress starting to take over, PUT ON THAT MUSIC!!

4. Exercise

Just about any type of exercise can make you feel better in a matter of minutes. When you get up and move around your brain releases certain chemicals that make you happy; you can call them "happy hormones"!

5. Call Your Best Friend

We all have that one person who can always make us feel better, no matter the circumstance. Call that person!!!! You don't even have to talk to them about the actual thing that your stressed about, just talking to them in general will distract your mind.

6. Drink Tea

While you may love coffee one hundred more times than tea, tea has half the amount of caffeine as coffee. All of that caffeine will raise you blood pressure, and that's the last thing you want when you're stressed so your blood pressure is already high. Not only will drinking tea prevent from that spike in your blood pressure, but it will also calm all of your nerves.

Hopefully by reading this you realize that the stress you're feeling doesn't have to stay with you forever. There are a variety of different approaches you can take to lower that stress level and start enjoying life!