19 Young Adult Fiction Book Quotes to Lift Your Spirits As High As The Sky

Words have the power to turn your bad day good or your good day even better.
60

Sometimes there are those days that don't feel as good as the others. It may be a bad grade at school or a fight that you had with a best friend, but even the smallest things can turn your good day into a bad one. When I am having a bad day, I try to find something that will make me feel better and lift my spirits. I love to read, so sometimes, I go on Goodreads to find some inspirational quotes from my favorite books and authors. Here are some to lighten up your day.

1. "We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another." — Veronica Roth, "Divergent"

2. "Hope is the only thing stronger than fear." — Suzanne Collins, "The Hunger Games"

3. "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices." — John Green, "The Fault in Our Stars"

4. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - J.K. Rowling, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

5. "There's nothing wrong with being different." — Victoria Aveyard, "Red Queen"

6. "We can't give up. Ever." — James Dashner, "The Maze Runner"

7. "In the end that was the choice you made, and it doesn't matter how hard it was to make it. It matters that you did." — Cassandra Clare, "City of Glass"

8. "It was all about trying, and that was what I would do. I would try." — Jennifer L. Armentrout, "The Problem with Forever"

9. "There's more to life than being alive." — Nicola Yoon, "Everything, Everything"

10. "There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for." — J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Two Towers"

11. "If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all." — John Green, "Paper Towns"

12. "I believe in free will. I think we make our own decisions and carry out or own actions. And our actions have consequences. The world is what we make it." — Michael Grant, "Gone"

13. "Bravery hides in amazing places." — Kiera Cass, "The One"

14. "Courage is one thing that no one can ever take away from you." — Chris Colfer, "The Wishing Spell"

15. "The people who love you will guide you like bright lights into the other worlds." — Josephine Angelini, "Trial by Fire"

16. "Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time." — Marie Lu, "Legend"

17. "I choose to be the person that I want to be." — James Frey, "The Calling"

18. "It's all right to wonder." — Ally Condie, "Matched"

19. "We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss." — Cassandra Clare, "City of Heavenly Fire"

Take these and many more from these authors, books and ones of your choosing to brighten your day. You won't believe the power words have to change us.