The Most Inspirational Quotes From Staying Strong: 365 Days A Year

This book is for everyone, everywhere, on their own journey...

798
sxfehaven

My friends can tell you that I truly support and love Demi Lovato. I will until the end of time. She has helped me in way I can't begin to explain. She is one of the reason why I want to dive into the intense and amazing music industry.

Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year was published November 19th, 2013. Demi Lovato comprised a book full of inspirational quotes devoted to every day of the year.

"Demi has a unique relationship with her fans. They love her and she loves them right back. She's taught us all that we need to give our hearts a break at the low moments, and take time to enjoy the view from the skyscraper when we hit out highs. Whether you're 16, or, in my case, 56, you'll learn something from Demi's journey and life advice, and end yo loving her even more."

- from the introduction by Katie Couric

This book along with her music has helped me through all the hard times in my life. I have composed a listed of a few quotes to sum up the year. Each quote includes commentary from Demi herself.

January 1

You are beautifully and wonderfully made.

A while back I decided I need a mantra of my own. Something that was personal and meaningful that I could tell myself in the present moment. The Bible says "you are fearfully and wonderfully made," so I came up with "you are beautifully and wonderfully made." I say it to myself all the time, and it really helps me find peace knowing that I am perfect just as I am and that I don't need anything beyond what I have within me.

February 11

The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.

- Nicholas Sparks

Oftentimes, when I'm struggling with loss or heartbreak, I waste so much time looking for answers that I had within myself all along. I get a million opinions on how to deal with something or someone, but I overlook the most obvious part, which is that the same thing that is causing pain also has the power to heal me.

March 28

Why fit in when you're born to stand out?

- Dr. Seuss

Embrace all your eccentricities. We aren't made to blend in - we are all individuals. Sometimes we think we are supposed to hide our differences, but we shouldn't. It can be scary trying to figure out who you are and what your purpose is in life. But its important to find the answer so you can accept and who you really are.

April 22

Remember how far you've come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be.

- Rick Warren

Most of our lives move as such an accelerated pace we don't always have the time to stop and reflect on how far we've come. We are usually too busy looking ahead. But it's so important to keep checking in with yourself. We change all the time. It's easy to get caught up feeling dissatisfied with where you are when you don't take time to appreciate how far you've come. You don't have to be exactly where you want to be, but the fact that you are on your way is remarkable. Good things and progress take time.

May 16

Don't forget to breathe

It's an instinct we're born knowing, and yet for some reason it's the thing we forget the fastest, especially when we are stressed out and overwhelmed.

June 17

Only do what your heart tells you to.

- Princess Diana

There are plenty of moments in our lives when we struggle with making decisions, whether they're small or large. Our heart can be telling us one thing, our head another, and our friend something entirely different. It's important to weigh all options, then do what your heart truly believes is right. Don't just do what your friends are telling you to do - you must make your own decision based on your intuition.

July 12

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams.

- TUPAC

You have to work hard for what you want or your dreams will never actually happen. You can't just sit back and wait for something to happen. God helps those who help themselves and those who help themselves will succeed.

August 2

Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; love is a flower, you've got to let it grow.

- John Lennon, "Mind Games"

All kinds of relationships require love and respect. Those things take time. Make sure you nurture the relationship that you have with yourself and the relationship you have with your family and friends. It's not enough just to say you love them. You have to put in time and effort and demonstrate your love though your words and your actions.

September 4

Jail didn't make me find God; he's always been there. They can lock me up but my spirit and my love can never confined to prison walls.

- Lil Wayne

At the end of the day your spirits and souls can never be compromised. No matter what kind of limitations or boundaries people may try to create around you, it's your ability to love yourself and others that moves mountains.

October 24

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

- Mark Twain

As an artist, you have to be fearless about pursuing your dreams. You have to be willing to leave your comfort zone to grow not only as a human being to push your own boundaries. I encourage anyone chasing dreams to be fearless; go into emotional areas that aren't comfortable or comprehensible.

November 19

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.

- Oprah Winfrey

When we choose to focus on what we have we are instantly happier people. Gratitude is said to be the emotion that is most connected with happiness. Even the wealthiest person in the world can think of things they don't have. It's not about accumulating more things; it's about focusing on the joy and beauty in your life.

December 31

And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.

- Rainer Maria Rilke

Spend some time reasoning the past year. Think about how you have grown, how you've changed, what you're ready to move on from. I always find the last few days of the year are packed with so much intense energy and possibly for change that the best thing you can do is sit and reflect.

You can purchase Staying Strong: 365 days a Yearhere. I hope you all have a lovely holiday and a happy New Year!