Inhale Confidence, Exhale Doubt

Inhale Confidence, Exhale Doubt

Accept you for you, and let your strength and passion be bigger than your fears.

504
BK via Flickr

Mind over matter is what they always say, but that can be hard if you struggle with self-love. There is some good in the worst of us and some bad in the best of us. Many of us never live up to our potential or don't approve of ourselves. We had people that we wanted or needed to believe in us, but failed to.

All of us struggle with flaws and insecurities. We all have felt that we are not good enough for something at some point in time. Society has made us question if we are too fat or if we are too skinny, if we are pretty or if we are ugly. We are all trying to become a better version of ourselves. Which is why it's not a question if it's a question of when. When are we going to look in the mirror and finally fall in love with ourselves? My answer to you is now.

If there is anyone in your life who is causing you a lack of self-love, they are just there because you are settling. They are a piece of clutter holding you back. They are holding up a space that someone supportive, contributing, positive, useful, and nurturing could be holding. You don't even have time to look and see what's out there because you are surrounding yourself with people who are not enabling you to grow.

Experience the dignity and the sense of character you are becoming. As I always say, we are all growing as human beings. All of us have greatness within us. If you're not seeking it out —if you're not experimenting or trying to find yourself — you're setting yourself up to be a miserable person.

How else might we be setting ourselves up? Procrastination. We put things off over and over again. Why? Because we don't feel deserving. Stop putting it off and start fresh right now. You must enter a relationship with yourself before anyone else. Work on that. Focus on that aspect. Don't look back or fall back and settle — do something about it. Loneliness is a sign that you are in desperate need of yourself.

What kind of person are you becoming with the relationships you have right now? Are those relationships nurturing you to help you grow and contribute to you? It's important to evaluate yourself and your well-being.

There are many good things that people see that we can't see because it's a blindspot, but we are suppose to see it in ourselves. Which comes to the next question: what is your expectation from all of this? What do you expect to get from these relationships? What do you expect to do for yourself? People who have a strong sense of self-approval have high expectations from others, from themselves, and from life.

You are your number one priority. You are your own peace of mind. You have to stop thinking negative and eliminate the negative people in your life that are toxic to you. Don't neglect yourself. How you love yourself is how to teach others to love you. If you are not enough for yourself you will never be enough for someone else.

So stop running in circles; you are worth it and you can strive to be the person you want to be. You must want to spend the rest of your life and well-being with yourself first. Learn from life and the experience. Decide that you are beautiful and you are worth it; don't let anyone make you feel less of yourself. We are all born so beautiful and so unique; the greatest tragedy is being convinced we are not. Accept you for you, and let your strength and passion be bigger than your fears.