In A World Full Of Politics, One Hero Will Emerge.... Reason

Yet another person's view on this election

4
Awesome Action Figures

I hate to be yet another opinionated article you'll see on Facebook, but this is my view on what has been going on with the election. I know we are all sick and tired of all the drama that has been going on because of the election; I sure am. I miss seeing cute videos of dogs and babies on my social media. But here I am, stating my opinions just like the rest of the world. My opinion on this election comes down to this: everyone needs to calm down. Yes, a lot of people are angry. Some are scared. Some feel hurt or confused or betrayed. Some are happy. But everyone is way too worked up.

Yes, election years can cause Americans to become passionate about their beliefs. And I wouldn't have it any other way. It's good that we all get out and make our voices heard, and even more important that we all vote. But this election has gotten out of hand. People are angry. And I understand. But still, everyone needs to calm down.

Personally, I am not scared of Trump himself. I am scared of some of his supporters, the ones who are racist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, and xenophobic. I am scared of Pence. I am scared of what influence he has over Trump and his decisions regarding the LGBTQ+ community. I am scared of the people who are going to start preforming hate crimes because they think their president supports it. I am scared of people who will start raping and sexually assaulting people because they think their president supports it.

No, I do not think all Trump supporters are like that. Nor do I think all Hillary supporters are the opposite of that. I think there are extremists on both sides, and they are only going to become more extreme because of their anger over the election and the other party. Honestly, I do not want to hear any more politics. I do not want to see any more riots or hate crimes. This has gotten far too violent.

Now, let me be very clear about something: I do not believe there is anything to protest yet. I think people are angry, in all parties. But I do not think there is anything to protest yet. When Trump tries or succeeds in doing something that I do not agree with, I am 100% ready to protest (just like I would be with any president). I will be the first one out there, screaming and chanting and holding signs. I will ensure my voice is heard and the rights of people do not get taken away. But as of yet, he has not done anything.

I am trying to be optimistic. I hope he will fix the economy while he is in office. I hope he won't try to take away my rights as a woman. I hope he won't take away LGBTQ+ rights. I hope he won't take away POC rights. I hope he won't take away religious rights (especially Muslim, since he has said some insensitive things about that people of that religion). Honestly, I don't know if Trump will do anything to take away people's rights. I know many of his supporters as well as a lot of the Republican party would like to take away some rights from people. However, I really don't know if any rights will be taken away. I certainly hope not.

I will not stand for anyone who attempts to take away the rights of someone. I am always one of the first to stand up in the face of injustice. I am fully prepared to stand up for the rights of everyone who may be targeted by anyone, regardless of political affiliation, gender, race, sexually, religion, or class.

We are all just people. And I think a lot of us have forgotten that lately. We need to stand to gather as Americans and as humans. We should not be fighting each other. We should be united. We should care for each other and make sure our fellow man is safe. I'm all for freedom of speech and for making your voice heard; I love it. But right now, our country needs unity in the face of uncertainty. I know it's idiotic to think such a thing achievable, but let's all strive to be kind right now. No more hate. From anyone, of either major party. Be kind. Try to see others' point of view. Learn and be open.

Just a little something to keep in mind...