In Loving Memory Of Lindsey

In Loving Memory Of Lindsey

Lindsey Marie Piccone December 5, 1994 - September 6, 2016

246
In Loving Memory Of Lindsey

If you ask someone, the one thing they will tell you is that Lindsey was known for her smile. Her smile could light up an entire room. She was so full of life. She could find all of the positive in a world full of negative. Lindsey is someone that could make you a better person. She was the type of person I wish I could be.

Lindsey and I met in the first grade. I am so grateful that I was able to call her my best friend for the past 15 years. There was never a dull moment with her. Lindsey was adventurous and loved nature and her dogs. I remember going to Tyler State Park with our dogs and letting them swim in the water. We took our shoes off and put our feet in the water as well. She was always able to get me to try new things, take a step back and appreciate what was right in front of me. She taught me to find happiness in all of the little things, especially nature.

I believe that every time a beam of sun hits me, or a slight breeze comes across me, or the random chills you get even if you aren't cold, that it is Lindsey showing me she is still there and watching over me. We have so much of our lives left to live and I can't imagine doing it without her. We have hit so many milestones together and I know she will be cheering me on throughout all of the others that have yet to come.

Lindsey gave a piece of herself to each and every one of us. We all have so many different memories and lessons that she has taught us. It wouldn't be right for me to just write about how I saw her. I reached out to those who she was closest with, and I asked them to write a little something about her because it would give such a better example of who Lindsey was and how great of a person she was.

"When I think of Lindsey, I think about everyone who knew her and how lucky they are to have had her in their life. Lindsey was a light to your life, she was a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a friend and best of all, your personal coach and cheerleader. She was always a call away to lend a hand to anyone in need, no strings attached. The love she shared in her life had amazing impacts on the lives of others who were able to pass that same love on. I believe that wherever she is truly needed the joy she spread so cheerfully. We will forever carry the light from her life in us and remember her the way she'd want us to and to remind us that she is now our angel in the sky." -Christina Gualberto
"Growing up, I didn't have a lot of friends, especially when I was beginning school. I am an only child, so I never had a sibling to keep me company or play with. Once Lindsey came into my life, that void was filled. She lived right across the street from me for somewhere around fifteen years. During our childhood we would go over each other's houses and play video games and pretend as “The Powerpuff Girls.” Some of the most innocent and fond memories I have of my childhood have Lindsey in them and I will cherish those memories forever. We went through the band program together and grew up alongside each other, kind of like siblings. She was always available to talk and wanted to help me out as much as she could. She loved my hobby of cosplaying and would constantly sing my praises. She truly was a one of a kind girl and I will never forget the moments we shared together. Rest well Linds, stay golden." -Ryan Turner
"Our friendship all started in 4th grade, I was a new student at Cornwells Elementary School. Lindsey came up to me and said, "hi, I'm Lindsey." Ever since then, we've been the best of friends. Lindsey was a unique person, very different from everyone else, but in a good way! She was always willing to meet new people; she didn't care who you were or what you did in the past; she was the most caring and understanding person I knew. She cared about everything so much, Lindsey would light up the room with just seeing her smile. I'll never forget our middle school days when we were going through the punk rock stages, we had our matching checkered pants, hers were lime green and mine were red. She always told me the best days were middle school; if she could go back, she'd go back to middle school. We spent everyday together in middle school, and if we didn't, we would be texting non stop. We told each other everything, from the stupid little things to the serious things. I knew I could go to her with everything and same went for her. I have so many memories with Lindsey that I can't even pick my favorite memory. As we got older, we started thinking about life, what school we're going to, graduation, what we're going to do in the future, getting an apartment together, everything. Lindsey always said, "I wish I should stay a kid forever; I hate growing up." And I would always agree, not in a million years would I have thought I wasn't going to see her anymore. I think of the last time we hung out and it was like nothing was wrong. We went to diner and hung out back at her house; we were talking on her porch about everything. You never know the last time you're going to see someone; you have to cherish every moment you have, because you never know when it'll be the last, but I don't want to leave off with something sad. Lindsey wouldn't want us upset; she would want us to have a toast for her, like many of us had. But mostly, she would want us to remember her and all the good memories, to remember her smiling, her great laugh, she would want us to carry on with our lives but to never forget her. I will forever keep you in my heart, I love you forever Lindsey, it's not a goodbye it's a see you later." -Tiffany Waters
"So I met Lindsey at a middle school dance. She came up, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "I heard you don't like me...is that true?" I just looked at her in such amazement and replied, "No, no it's not." She then smiled at me and asked if we could be friends and when I said yes, she proceeded to open her arms and ask me for a hug. After that, it was history; friendship turned into best friendship, which turned into sisterhood.That really describes the person that Lindsey was: genuine, kind and so caring. I was so lucky to have known such a beautiful person and call her my sister." -Maggie Cisneros
" Lindsey was someone who no matter what mood she was in, she wanted to know what was going on with you. She would always say, "you know, you can talk me" anytime she thought someone was down or needed to talk to someone. Not a lot of people will look at you and say, "tell me what's wrong" and actually want to know. She meant what she said. Lindsey was rare. I will always miss her and she will always be in the back of my mind in everything I do. It's important that people like Lindsey are remembered . Lindsey could light up a room just by coming in and smiling. She loved and connected to everyone and everything. I am a happier person just by getting to know her. Love ya Lindsey" -Shelby Myro
"I stress out about everything, whether it be my family, school, or just general plans for the day. Lindsey was the one that always reminded me to slow down, take a breath, and look at nature. She balanced me out. During our long talks while sitting by the fire, we conversed about our theories on energy and the way certain people's can affect another's. Her energy was calming and mine was worrisome, but she would always help me to focus on putting my energy into the positive. Ever since she first disappeared, I have started running into complications in life during simple tasks. Whether it's hitting every red light, finding out the store I just drove to closed down, or they took my favorite meal off the menu (all real events), instead of getting annoyed I've begun to realize it could be Lindsey. This could be her way of still balancing me out. Lindsey constantly reminding me to slow down, take a breath, and look around at nature. We are forever friends; that goes beyond these decaying bodies. Thanks for always pushing me to relax Lindsey, I'll forever miss your words of encouragement, talks about life and theories about energy. See you in another life time." -Keirstin Betz
"There are many words that come to mind when I think of Lindsey, but, there also seems to not be enough to give highlight of who she was as a person. The moments we've shared together will always be etched into my mind. The scenery we pass-- we'll never see again, but will be stored as memories I won't let go of. Lindsey was kind, caring, loving, a teacher and most of all, a friend. When I was young, I heard heaven isn't some place that we go to when we die, it's that split second in life where you actually feel alive. I believe Lindsey had many of these moments throughout her life from the people she met, the adventures she embraced and selfless acts she committed. You could look into her eyes and see that deep down. My only wish for her is the hope that she realized the immense amount of people she has left an impact on in this world before she was so suddenly taken from us. I love you Lindsey, always and forever." -Anthony White

Lindsey touched so many people and there are no words to describe how thankful they were to know such a pure soul.

Rest in peace Lindsey.